2 coats from 1 bucket

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

Y the fck wud u use a sponge in skimming?
Plasterers many moons ago would use a wooden float to flatten plasterer before trowelling as you would using universal one coat
It works the same with multi
I had a 10m2 ceiling to skim yesterday
Started laying at 4pm so one coat it was.got the sponge on it and was out the door by 5.30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plasterers many moons ago would use a wooden float to flatten plasterer before trowelling as you would using universal one coat
Started laying at 4pm so one coat it was.got the sponge on it and was out the door by 5.30

But y cant u do one coat with a trowel only? If I did a 10m2 ceiling 1 coat at 4 id be out the door by 5.30..same time bobby

But y cant u do one coat with a trowel only? If I did a 10m2 ceiling 1 coat at 4 id be out the door by 5.30..same time bobby
Probably can fat sack
The sponge openings it up bringing grit to the surface
Helps it pull in

Probably can fat sack
The sponge openings it up bringing grit to the surface
Helps it pull in

I always do one coat for the ceiling and always turns better than the walls . No sponge. Try next time, you will be surprised.

If I get a lumpy bumpy wall or ceiling I still use the 'trowel float trowel' method...OMG, I'm out of touch

You have a very strange mind , think we all know that it's you that's doing these things , enjoy .night night cock breath

You have a very strange mind , think we all know that it's you that's doing these things , enjoy .night night cock breath
11391144_375005112709285_7262208954224711561_n.jpg

While we're talking about beastiality...

Attachments

• 1480628262118.jpg
    1480628262118.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 221
I would never 1 cost a ceiling personally, I also don't like sponging multi unless I'm outing on like a 5-6 bag hit which is rare these days ! I've Seen others do so with good results though, down to preference.

I give it one thick coat laid on flat, then another thinner coat straight over the top no flattening, take your trowel both ways and flatten it in as you go. 3 trowels and she's good to go.