2 coats from 1 bucket

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 29624

Anything upto about a bag and a half (for both coats) I do out of 1 bucket anything bigger and its starting to get a bit too stiff. Just wanted to know if I wanted to do more is it a problem to add a dash of water and wizz it up again for a few seconds with the mixer or will that compromise the mix?

Posted twice for some reason, need to delete this one but not sure how

If I've got good suction I'll lay first coat on, quick flatten then leave till it picks up a little then add a bit of water and a quick spin and lay in with it.

Anything upto about a bag and a half (for both coats) I do out of 1 bucket anything bigger and its starting to get a bit too stiff. Just wanted to know if I wanted to do more is it a problem to add a dash of water and wizz it up again for a few seconds with the mixer or will that compromise the mix?
A builder's bucket?

Do it and find out the hard way

I like to mix fresh gear for second coat, if it's a small set and I've overmixed I might poor a dash of water in wet it up a bit and second coat with that.

This is why you did a 6 week course and not a proper apprenticeship you fucktard and watch your f**k**g mouth
Dont be mardy @Marshy its not good for you...i dont know the answer thats why I asked the question

I think people might have misunderstood the question I know if I wizz it back up it will accelerate the setting time and thats what I want....the question was will this compromise the solidness of the wall, I wont do it if it means chalky s**t skim with no strength, if the skim is still fine and strong ill do it and manage the increased setting time

I think people might have misunderstood the question I know if I wizz it back up it will accelerate the setting time and thats what I want....the question was will this compromise the solidness of the wall, I wont do it if it means chalky s**t skim with no strength, if the skim is still fine and strong ill do it and manage the increased setting time
You 'love have to write that three times m8 lol

I do it if I'm only putting a small wall on, it does speed the set but I don't think it will lose any of its strength.

You can knock it back up as long as its within about 20 mins of first mixing it.

I usually mix the skim wetter though when double coating then by the time you start second coating with the same gear the mix has a bit more life to it

If ur 2 coating with the same mix u mite aswell 1 coat..2 coating is 2 different batches of mixed gear so all those saying I 2 coat but with same gear ur 1 coating by the way..i 1 coat and 2 coat depending wat sort of gage it is

If ur 2 coating with the same mix u mite aswell 1 coat..2 coating is 2 different batches of mixed gear so all those saying I 2 coat but with same gear ur 1 coating by the way..i 1 coat and 2 coat depending wat sort of gage it is
The back of bags of multi used to give instructions on two coating with same mix and when I put they guy who works for me through an apprenticeship the lecturer showed him to so it that way as well.

The back of bags of multi used to give instructions on two coating with same mix and when I put they guy who works for me through an apprenticeship the lecturer showed him to so it that way as well.
Lecturer!! There dnt know there arse from there elbow..all ur doing is put a thicker coat on with the same gear think about it..ur just putting a coat on then laying down with the same gear..its just a thicker coat

In theroy It is basically one thick coat over two hits but its something in the middle of one coat and separate second coat.

1.1/2 coat? Lol

In theroy It is basically one thick coat over two hits but its something in the middle of one coat and separate second coat.

1.1/2 coat? Lol
Its defo 1 coating is that pal..i dont mean If there's abit of gear in bottom then u add water then some more powder as that wud be a near fresh mix but if ur mixing up once and not adding water or powder to the batch u have mixed and going straight over it with the batch u have mixed isn't 2 coating its 1..

Its defo 1 coating is that pal..i dont mean If there's abit of gear in bottom then u add water then some more powder as that wud be a near fresh mix but if ur mixing up once and not adding water or powder to the batch u have mixed and going straight over it with the batch u have mixed isn't 2 coating its 1..
I don't agree with that though, if you have good suction then the first coat is starting to harden up then you go over it with wetter gear it is just like a second coat wither you do it fresh gear or same stuff is irrelevant imo

Its a s**t mix to master I know that much I been doing it like this for years on jobs where It benefits me but I still think you cant beat a fresh second coat mix

I don't agree with that though, if you have good suction then the first coat is starting to harden up then you go over it with wetter gear it is just like a second coat wither you do it fresh gear or same stuff is irrelevant imo
We will agree to disagree then pal :) think that's the saying..

Bugger..............turns out I bin a one coatin' when I thought I was doin' two......hang my head in shame....I'm a one coatin' sponge lovin' slashabout after all...☹️☹️☹️️ Dunno how I'm gonna tell me mum.......

Bugger..............turns out I bin a one coatin' when I thought I was doin' two......hang my head in shame....I'm a one coatin' sponge lovin' slashabout after all...☹️☹️☹️️ Dunno how I'm gonna tell me mum.......
Do you think she's gonna speak to you after all this? Awkward

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk