16inch Mediflex

Members online

Finally got around to using my 16 inch Midiflex I've had for two months

Sets have been much smaller so I knew it would be the perfect time to get a feel with it. I used it for a "wet trowel" and a cross.
It did a decent job considering how blunt it feels, hopefully it will get easier on the wrist as it wears in because it does not feel as beneficial as a OX Ultraflex or Nela mark 2 but I really like it, feels like a good halfway point between the flexy trowels.

just got the same trowel 2 weeks back, I have been back on area work after my old marshall trowel used for for laying on with was about knackered, and my tennis elbow was just starting to show its ugly head again,after the first day with the new trowel, there seemed a lot less stress on the arm although I will say the trowel felt a bit numb leaving tiger marks, 2 weeks on I like the trowel for laying on with, (the tennis elbow seems to have gone) but its nowhere near as good and as easy as my plazy plastic, I work between the 2 trowels and it works for me, good luck with it anything to make this job easier.

just got the same trowel 2 weeks back, I have been back on area work after my old marshall trowel used for for laying on with was about knackered, and my tennis elbow was just starting to show its ugly head again,after the first day with the new trowel, there seemed a lot less stress on the arm although I will say the trowel felt a bit numb leaving tiger marks, 2 weeks on I like the trowel for laying on with, (the tennis elbow seems to have gone) but its nowhere near as good and as easy as my plazy plastic, I work between the 2 trowels and it works for me, good luck with it anything to make this job easier.
Hi mate, yeah I have a few plastics need to use the more they can be very helpful lol

I only lay on with a steel I find nothing comes close to getting it as easy to trowel up and always take lines out before moving to a flexible trowel, stress on my joints only comes from wet trowelling and crossing with steels I just hope the mediflex is as good as I think it will be lol

Used the midiflex again today not sure I like it now the finish is not close to the ox ultraflex

Do I need to wear it in or something

Used the midiflex again today not sure I like it now the finish is not close to the ox ultraflex

Do I need to wear it in or something
As said on another thread about the medi which was started by @Gibbo couple of years ago ,u hardly use any pressure with it almost stroking the surface mind u 2nd flatted from then on fir me

I just can't get a better finish then a 0x/nela s*p*r*lex and they seem more effort I'm hoping it just needs wearing in

Good trowel be careful not to dink it
I got a second hand s*p*r*lex 14 inch tried to rescue it it still works but looks horrible and requires constant watching when trowelling up so sacked it off literally use it for filler or applying acrylic

Must say tried syperflex few years back got dumped.

Bought the ox ultra last year and boy I love that trowel.

I've got a 14 and 16 I prefer the 16 on open areas etc.

I use a carbon to lay on and pay in with and also first pass to flat off after that it's all ox ultra to finish.

You do have to adjust timing slightly from steel so as not to get stripes but once you get the rythem it's brilliant to me anyway.

Used to use a plazi for a year or 2 and I liked that as well but they are far to delicate for every day use. I found I was wet and drying it more than bloody using it and they are only foot for 3 months max before they distort too much to be useful. When they distort they give you tiger stripe hell!!

Using a carbon from start to finish with hardly a line in site when gently cross trowelling near the end, I found with flex towels it left lines and having to go over it too many times. I have some still hanging in the van and use the 11inch over doors and patching.

Sets have been much smaller so I knew it would be the perfect time to get a feel with it. I used it for a "wet trowel" and a cross.
It did a decent job considering how blunt it feels, hopefully it will get easier on the wrist as it wears in because it does not feel as beneficial as a OX Ultraflex or Nela mark 2 but I really like it, feels like a good halfway point between the flexy trowels.
Andyg wants one but which one and I what a small one

f**k me feel like a pint and it only 2.o'clock monday

Must say tried syperflex few years back got dumped.

Bought the ox ultra last year and boy I love that trowel.

I've got a 14 and 16 I prefer the 16 on open areas etc.

I use a carbon to lay on and pay in with and also first pass to flat off after that it's all ox ultra to finish.

You do have to adjust timing slightly from steel so as not to get stripes but once you get the rythem it's brilliant to me anyway.

Used to use a plazi for a year or 2 and I liked that as well but they are far to delicate for every day use. I found I was wet and drying it more than bloody using it and they are only foot for 3 months max before they distort too much to be useful. When they distort they give you tiger stripe hell!!
I bet u put a tight 2nd on n I bet after flattening off u got took all lines Cus flexy trowels dont like many lines

I only use flex on last two passes no one should put on with a flex or take lines out with it, you only have to shine a light down it to figure it that out lol

Going to use my midiflex tomorrow got a bathroom to Skim

Keep meaning to use my nela max but I'm saving it for winter when it's hanging like Andy G at 6:45am