11"trowel

Agreed, they do tend to warp but at £16 and you get a fair bit of use out of them and lovely to use... I found the 14" + sizes a bit too rigid though
I've been using them for 4 or more years now i think and totally agree plus for the money they are very very hard to beat

Reactions: Djr
Have a Tyzack 14 inch ordered from the UK to see for myself what they are like.Got the woman to do all the stuff on her laptop that i would'nt have the patience to do.

You never know I might make a British steel made trowel and get it out in limited numbers..question is would people pay more for say, a modern day British steel and British made old style tyzack ?
I know I would
You pay £75 for primer and £12 a bag a plaster so I have no doubt in my mind you'd pay more for a British trowel lol

Have a Tyzack 14 inch ordered from the UK to see for myself what they are like.Got the woman to do all the stuff on her laptop that i would'nt have the patience to do.

For some reason the 14" seems way too rigid, the 13" is a lot lighter and more flexible. I've ordered loads for my mates from eBay and they always get delivered in an ENVELOPE !!! Lucky enough none have been damaged but I wouldn't be happy about them arriving undamaged in Kildare

My dad used to swear by double shanked tyzacks, they where the business in 60's and 70's I believe. The newer ones are not built as strong it appears. Tell you what, next time I go back home to Ireland I'm going to raid me dads garages for trowels and floats.
It's all right I've already did it for you. Next time you are home let me know and I'll go on the piss with u.

For some reason the 14" seems way too rigid, the 13" is a lot lighter and more flexible. I've ordered loads for my mates from eBay and they always get delivered in an ENVELOPE !!! Lucky enough none have been damaged but I wouldn't be happy about them arriving undamaged in Kildare
I suppose that's the chance I have to take.Never saw them in any hardware store here.

I suppose that's the chance I have to take.Never saw them in any hardware store here.

Rarely see them in the shops here either. Always used to use 14" mts but found the 13" tyzack lovely, didn't like the 14"" one.
Actually not sure if you know Peter Maguire from Clonuff, Broadford. We worked together in London for 25yrs, he's just moved back home with some of my Tyzacks the c**t . He's a dinosaur and even he's been converted to them

First stainless I ever bought was a tyzack 10 rivet single shank, still got it, comes out now and again.
My guvnor used the twin shank carbons, swore by them, and was upset whenever he wore through to the rivets........a simpler time, hot summers, siripite or board finish, bike cogs and party sevens.

First stainless I ever bought was a tyzack 10 rivet single shank, still got it, comes out now and again.
My guvnor used the twin shank carbons, swore by them, and was upset whenever he wore through to the rivets........a simpler time, hot summers, siripite or board finish, bike cogs and party sevens.
Don't forget the party fours !!! Watneys if I remember rightly red and gold tins you had to thump 2 holes in the lid one to drink out of and the shotgun hole :birras:

IMG_4773.PNG
IMG_4772.JPG
:sisi:

Rarely see them in the shops here either. Always used to use 14" mts but found the 13" tyzack lovely, didn't like the 14"" one.
Actually not sure if you know Peter Maguire from Clonuff, Broadford. We worked together in London for 25yrs, he's just moved back home with some of my Tyzacks the c**t . He's a dinosaur and even he's been converted to them
Don't know him,know his cousin Willie allright haven't seen him in a few years.

IMG_0135.JPG
A bit rigid allright but not a bad trowel to use.

Damm it:LOL:there must be something you want ?:LOL:
My trowel selection is nearly completed now :)

Speedskim st 600
Speedskim sf 600
Mt extralite 13 inch carbon
Tyzack centenary 11 inch
Nela premium mk 1
Nela plastic 0.06mm

But thanks for the offer mate :birra: