11"trowel

Members online

All
My trowel selection is nearly completed now :)

Speedskim st 600
Speedskim sf 600
Mt extralite 13 inch carbon
Tyzack centenary 11 inch
Nela premium mk 1
Nela plastic 0.06mm

But thanks for the offer mate :birra:

All you need now are another two pair of arms

Only used it on a ceiling that i patterned Artex twirl today but notice it feels a lot different,so solid and it loads smaller than I normally used, handle feels weird as well ,I got 2 small mixes tomorrow skimming over shite Artex that has been scraped will try my hardest to just use the tyzack all way through and see

Well did u try the tyzack again today Vince
Yes mate was a strange experience for me to be honest , was all excited as was dying to know how it would feel and this is my thoughts ,
Small mix one bag over Victorian hallway, banged first coat on with it , first thing I noticed trowel so firm and solid, can't believe it's 40 years old and as flat and solid as it is, anyway laid in and had a fag break came back and instincts was to grab Speedskim but promised myself I'd do whole set with it , well went across top of wall,oh my days so sharp and firm left a line top and bottom of trowel ends,so thinking I must be putting to much pressure on, eased off and held it lower down the handle,sweet,other thing I notice is it's flat on the under side of the handle (wood) at first it was bugging me but by end started to like it, edges easier to trowel up and there seems to be no messing about in terms of sorting any humps or bumps in the wall the trowels so flat and firm it's sorted , got a bigger area room to do tomorrow but so far I'm in love,
In fact it cheered me up, all day I felt like I had gone back in time to 1970 in a weird kind of way
:bananahappy:

Yes mate was a strange experience for me to be honest , was all excited as was dying to know how it would feel and this is my thoughts ,
Small mix one bag over Victorian hallway, banged first coat on with it , first thing I noticed trowel so firm and solid, can't believe it's 40 years old and as flat and solid as it is, anyway laid in and had a fag break came back and instincts was to grab Speedskim but promised myself I'd do whole set with it , well went across top of wall,oh my days so sharp and firm left a line top and bottom of trowel ends,so thinking I must be putting to much pressure on, eased off and held it lower down the handle,sweet,other thing I notice is it's flat on the under side of the handle (wood) at first it was bugging me but by end started to like it, edges easier to trowel up and there seems to be no messing about in terms of sorting any humps or bumps in the wall the trowels so flat and firm it's sorted , got a bigger area room to do tomorrow but so far I'm in love,
In fact it cheered me up, all day I felt like I had gone back in time to 1970 in a weird kind of way
Get some flares and a tank-top, get a 70s station on the dab....boom, 1970 Marty

11"trowel
11"trowel

Well can't believe I got one but it came yesterday 1970 ish and flat as a pan cake, can't wait to have a go tomorrow and see what all the old farts are on about :birra:
View attachment 15147 View attachment 15148 View attachment 15149
British steel at last @GrantyBoy :hola:
I got one the other day too, done a few small sets with it and have to say it's like going back in time. There is no comparison with today's trowels, this wins hands down, for its age it's mint, far better than anything else you can buy now

You f**k**s are about to find out why carbon was kept in secret for so long. Go back to super upper duper flex and the kind. Leave carbon , not worth buying any . They are so s**t to use and keep shine.

You f**k**s are about to find out why carbon was kept in secret for so long. Go back to super upper duper flex and the kind. Leave carbon , not worth buying any . They are so s**t to use and keep shine.

You f**k**s are about to reveal a highly garded secret for so long. Go back to super upper duper flex and the kind. Leave carbon trowels alone , not worth buying any . They are so s**t to use and keep shine.

It's not my fault all I been trying to do is find a flat trowel

As mad as am done a lot of looking into trowels and how they made recently (it's turned into an obsession) still want to try the new style tyzack for flatness and see but these 3 are now top 3 traditional hand held I got for firmness, when look close up notice the tyzack beats the mt and nela for thickness of shank or tang and attachment over all length of blade compared to others also if I correct brass rivets (10) instead of steel (9) and finally British steel instead of not (if I'm correct).. why tyzack didn't carry on with these is crazy really.

11"trowel

11"trowel

Speedskim st still number one in my book for flattening, can't ever give that one up , sorry.:sisi: But the 1970 tyzack is coming in a close second so far :chica:
:coffe:

As mad as am done a lot of looking into trowels and how they made recently (it's turned into an obsession) still want to try the new style tyzack for flatness and see but these 3 are now top 3 traditional hand held I got for firmness, when look close up notice the tyzack beats the mt and nela for thickness of shank or tang and attachment over all length of blade compared to others also if I correct brass rivets (10) instead of steel (9) and finally British steel instead of not (if I'm correct).. why tyzack didn't carry on with these is crazy really.

View attachment 15249
View attachment 15250

Speedskim st still number one in my book for flattening, can't ever give that one up , sorry.:sisi: But the 1970 tyzack is coming in a close second so far :chica:
Least you're enjoying your new toy. Next new trowel i invest in I think I'll give a Nela premium a go. But I've got 3mts with brave lot of life in them yet.

View attachment 15249
View attachment 15250

Well that took you .... how many yeas to figure it out? It will take you another 5-10 years before you find out that needs applying less pressure because of the steel and handle:D. Save your time brother , future is bright with the modern trowels and they look better on pictures:D

Last edited:
I think @flynnyman was about to introduce it to the new nela line, but became writer instead :D. Damn 20" trowels broke him down:D
The 20" is nearly broke in and that's just using finish, I think my Refina is on deaths doors it's getting niks in it far to easily :( been flattening today with the 24" another nice trowel, to be fair Nela trowels are sound upto now, not sure if they are a premium I got lost on the names :)

Well that took you .... how many yeas to figure it out? It will take you another 5-10 years before you find out that needs applying less pressure because of the steel and handle:D. Save your time brother , future is bright with the modern trowels and they look better on pictures:D
Future is bright story continues spoke to 2 valid peeps on here they think I'm mad but it's not stopped me , talked with a friend of mine who messes around with metal we gonna do a Rossi and make our own, we will send you one in new year see what you think

Future is bright story continues spoke to 2 valid peeps on here they think I'm mad but it's not stopped me , talked with a friend of mine who messes around with metal we gonna do a Rossi and make our own, we will send you one in new year see what you think
Thought your goal was to not use a trowel anymore?

Last edited:
Though your goal was to not use a trowel anymore?
True ,that's done now future is handmade, the dude I know makes anything with metals, kit cars, he hand built engines, welding,riveting anyways was chatting told him my idea he said no problem, we can try a few see how it goes never know might be the biz or might not, we see
I don't mean a rossiflex, mean a proper solid trowel

So let's get this straight your goal was to not use a trowel and you recon you've done that? so now your going to make a trowel?

So let's get this straight your goal was to not use a trowel and you recon you've done that? so now your going to make a trowel?
Yeah that's right :)
You write book
I'm making trowel :cool:
No big deal, just gonna make a proper trowel, well I'm not making it , just designing it, friend is making it he is metal expert :D

Vince your well and truly off your rocker lol when I finish for the day I throw my trowel into the back of my van and hope I never have to see it again but as always have to go looking for it in morning. You go home and start making trowels lol your keen, don't know where you get the energy and the time from.

Don't worry mate. People often mistaken genius with madness. The line between is very thin tho. Looking forward to the new adventure:D.

Vince your well and truly off your rocker lol when I finish for the day I throw my trowel into the back of my van and hope I never have to see it again but as always have to go looking for it in morning. You go home and start making trowels lol your keen, don't know where you get the energy and the time from.
Mate it probably does read a bit crazy tbh but just kind of worked out simple really,the mad one is my metal mate, he has family that make loads of s**t, fires, surrounds, gates n railings all that kinds of s**t,even horse shoes lol anyway he has a passion for this kinda thing and a right little metal making set up when I talked about trowels to him he said could make anything I want and showed me some of the gear he has and seems to be up for it, he just finished making this engine and has all the tools to do anything,:) when I seen it all I was like :wtf: we gotta make some trowels, just for a bit of fun really:chica:
11"trowel
11"trowel

Sorry it's kinda of gone off thread topic but I think it's kinda cool :birra:

Mate it probably does read a bit crazy tbh but just kind of worked out simple really,the mad one is my metal mate, he has family that make loads of s**t, fires, surrounds, gates n railings all that kinds of s**t,even horse shoes lol anyway he has a passion for this kinda thing and a right little metal making set up when I talked about trowels to him he said could make anything I want and showed me some of the gear he has and seems to be up for it, he just finished making this engine and has all the tools to do anything,:) when I seen it all I was like :wtf: we gotta make some trowels, just for a bit of fun really:chica:
View attachment 15253 View attachment 15254
Sorry it's kinda of gone off thread topic but I think it's kinda cool :birra:
Hey !! You could write a book about this :whistle: