10am till 3pm

Members online

As above. The best bit of advice about working for yourself I ever got was "turn up on time and clean up after yourself." The job itself is almost incidental.

As above. The best bit of advice about working for yourself I ever got was "turn up on time and clean up after yourself." The job itself is almost incidental.
Yeah that's what I told them :whistle:
IMG_5222.PNG

Today has been an example of exactly what @Vincey has been on about.....
Arranged an early start.......slept in a little :(....got up in a terrible rush...had to take dogs out, then noticed van all iced up....no cuppa, mrs in a strop.....had to drive to meet others.....icy dicey...got there in time just....into another van then drive an hour and half!.... get to site and it was cold! Really, really cold...:frio:
Then.....to top it all can't get the last bit of backer boarding done as the client has changed the position of the shower.........again!!:mad:

I have spent my day wondering why the f**k I ever agreed to the job in the first place!!..:tonto:
10 til 3 sounds appealing ....:sisi:

only domestics, you need to sell your self correctly and leave everything spotless.
we price for a little prep and one hit a day.
Prep is key in my opinion tape windows corex carpet protector go over kill on it I always Hoover up as well

Today has been an example of exactly what @Vincey has been on about.....
Arranged an early start.......slept in a little :(....got up in a terrible rush...had to take dogs out, then noticed van all iced up....no cuppa, mrs in a strop.....had to drive to meet others.....icy dicey...got there in time just....into another van then drive an hour and half!.... get to site and it was cold! Really, really cold...:frio:
Then.....to top it all can't get the last bit of backer boarding done as the client has changed the position of the shower.........again!!:mad:

I have spent my day wondering why the f**k I ever agreed to the job in the first place!!..:tonto:
10 til 3 sounds appealing ....:sisi:
Nothing worse than over sleeping puts me in a bad mood I have a system in mornings I'm like a creature of habit and gotta have the morning dump before I set off as being caught short is not good as stated on another thread

On the job for 7.30. Hit the road by 7.10 and I can get anywhere in Sheffield easy. Hit the road at 7.20 and its gridlocked!

Work ill at least 4pm. Sometimes 5pm. Summer is worse with mono taking 10hrs to set.

Think though it gets ingrained In you from when you first take up plastering and sort of sticks site work was always an early start and before the crazy h&s came in we would always be on site for 7 no matter where we was working,I'm domestic now so appreciate that some don't want u there at 8am cos got kids ect but I still leave early enough and wait in van having coffee read paper have a look on here ect if they request a later start

You got to put some decent hours in at least 7, if I'm paying a tradesman to do a job even if we have agreed a fixed price it would just get up my nose if he turns up late and leaves early. I'd be thinking just do a proper days work and get the job done. Can't be arsed with people dragging their heals.

You got to put some decent hours in at least 7, if I'm paying a tradesman to do a job even if we have agreed a fixed price it would just get up my nose if he turns up late and leaves early. I'd be thinking just do a proper days work and get the job done. Can't be arsed with people dragging their heals.
I've had people in with me I say be here for 8.30 and they turn up at 9 really gets my goat as I think 8.30 is a good time

You should get on it Pagey tbh...;).

They pay me to be in it(y)..
And you don't even have to plug their gear

What if he give you the price and told u he would do it in 3 days. And u agree for him to do it. It wouldn't bother me what hours he did as long as he did it in 3 days.

Price is price most get in and get done depending on size of job , I tend to get full refurbs so come n go as suits as can be months and sections of work.
I'm self employed for reason don't take people looking at their wrists very well.

Price is price most get in and get done depending on size of job , I tend to get full refurbs so come n go as suits as can be months and sections of work.
I'm self employed for reason don't take people looking at their wrists very well.
I did a job last year. We got through the job in a week €6800 the bloke i did the job for wasn't happy we did it so quick. I said what's the f**k**g problem is there anything worng with the work. No its perfect. ??? Just a lot of money for a week. I said would u like me to be here 3 weeks. No. But just saying it's a lot of money for weeks work. I said do you know how much the materials are. No. I just said get the f**k**g money u are starting to piss me off. Then he said I suppose I'll have to go to the bank. My mate looked at me with the don't look lol. I just said be back in a hour don't have me coming looking for u. About half an hour my phone rings his wife. Hi Keith did he sort u out i said no he's gone to the bank. Well she said bank? I give him the money to give to you. O I said. Then I told her what was after going on. Well she was going nuts on the phone. And apologizing at the same time. Lol about 2 hours later she arrived with the money and a 200 tip. I give it back to her. I told her not to be embarrassed it's not here fault her husband is a dickhead.

Indeed try telling a solicitor they're too pricey , somehow fukwits think it's ok to pull the trades down.
But same as the brief they need us as they can't do themselves I really don't see the difference.

What if he give you the price and told u he would do it in 3 days. And u agree for him to do it. It wouldn't bother me what hours he did as long as he did it in 3 days.
I'd just think get on with a decent days work and f**k off out of my house so I can get on with the next stage.

Going back to a post above, it is what is installed into as an apprentice.

My hours was 8am bearing in mind all of us bussed it and 5 pm finish but if the boss was not around we scarpered at 4.40pm.

The small builders I subbed to also demanded a days work (8hours) for a days money. Any less and they wanted a discount. So my first 20 years was disciplined.

But my men if left to their own would be 8.30 till 3 if they could but they have to adopt bodgit and scarper attitude to get away with it. I really don't want the hassle that brings so a full day it is. Plenty of time to do it right and left clean. I can be confident in getting paid.

I left the house at 6:40 this morning, just got in at 7:40, I want a full time position like @Vincey has. :(
Bloody heckles mate , take the rough with the smooth, I don't always get done on time,s**t goes wrong sometimes but later starts have done me good , 6hrs a day is enough for me though but I do have to do any of my quotes on 2 evenings in week for say upto 4 hours sometimes if I can't catch um on way home.

Out the door 5.30am......walked off site at 2.30pm.....getting the hang of an early finish (mrs Dropsalot is smirking now).... just need to contrive a later start

Bloody heckles mate , take the rough with the smooth, I don't always get done on time,s**t goes wrong sometimes but later starts have done me good , 6hrs a day is enough for me though but I do have to do any of my quotes on 2 evenings in week for say upto 4 hours sometimes if I can't catch um on way home.

4 hours to do a quote??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk