103 vs 90 degree

Members online

Al Baby

Hi Chaps

Just wondering, I'm in the market for a new corner trowel, I have a MS 90, had it's since I started, and I haven't given it much thought since then.

However looking around, I'm torn between the MS, Ragni, and the new Nela. I was automatically going to get another 90, and that be the end of it, however when talking to P1SS the other day, the girl on the phone said everyone is raving about the Nela 103.

I have never used one before, so I'm a little in the dark as to why you would want one over a standard 90? Anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance, my bad if it's a dumb qs.

A

Hi Chaps

Just wondering, I'm in the market for a new corner trowel, I have a MS 90, had it's since I started, and I haven't given it much thought since then.

However looking around, I'm torn between the MS, Ragni, and the new Nela. I was automatically going to get another 90, and that be the end of it, however when talking to P1SS the other day, the girl on the phone said everyone is raving about the Nela 103.

I have never used one before, so I'm a little in the dark as to why you would want one over a standard 90? Anyone enlighten me?

A
Go for the Ragni. Better than the MT. Not tried the nela though.

103 works well with the new corner trowels as they’re kind of flexible. As we know corners are rarely ever 90. So the 103 pushes into the corner

I got an my adjustable and cut the stops off so will go down to 85° , its plastic and only use it when can't do opposites , only use on first tidy up of first and second coat,

Warm the tip of the wings up and bend them in rather than sanding

Hi Chaps

A

Hi mate,

As mentioned, its not often a corner is a perfect 90. The idea behind the NELA versions is there is considerable FLEX, meaning the 103 will go into a 90 degree corner also. Those who have bought both only use the 103 now

Thanks for the replies, I had wondered if it was to push it into the corner.

I did go for the ragni in the end.

The SS with the grey handle.

Mine you a little stiffer than the MT. Doesn't this end up drawing the gear of the corners?

Attachments

• 20190122_081443.jpg
    20190122_081443.jpg
    909.5 KB · Views: 645
The way I use a corner trowel means that I only put 1 wing on one wall per pass....

I have not yet tried the new Nela or Ragni yet... but I will be soon :D

Thanks for the replies, I had wondered if it was to push it into the corner.

I did go for the ragni in the end.

The SS with the grey handle.

Mine you a little stiffer than the MT. Doesn't this end up drawing the gear of the corners?
Best out there

I got brought the adjustable refina one for chrimbo. It looks the b*ll***s but I haven’t tried it yet? (y)

Saw a couple of comments on here saying the MT one. Must say the Ragni is the nuts.

Did these corners straight out the box. No adjustments required. Well happy. Does leave shadow lines, hence the need to bend them up a bit I suppose.

Attachments

• 20190124_124114.jpg
    20190124_124114.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 597
  • 20190124_124135.jpg
    20190124_124135.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 524
Mt plastic adjustable, cut stops back so will go down to 80°