10% off Wickes

Went into Jewsons the other day...only place near my job, they wanted £17.50 for 2 offcuts of floorboard 700 long which the lad in the yard said were going to be chucked, but when he asked his manager said charge for them...robbing f**king c**ts

It's £4:65 and £4:78 in Smiths or Travis collected inc VAT. That's on account though so no idea what the terms are or 'walk in' price.

Even less when you claim the VAT back. (y)

I pay about 4.80-4.90 at the merchants and dont have to put it on a trolley. Cart it round a shop que behind some knob buying some wallpaper then load it onto the van.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I pay about 4.80-4.90 at the merchants and dont have to put it on a trolley. Cart it round a shop que behind some knob buying some wallpaper then load it onto the van.

I never buy wallpaper, thank you very much!!

Or try and weave the heavy trolley round some myopic old giffer standing in the middle of the isle trying to focus on the labels so that he can buy two brass screws. :estudioso:

Went to Jewsons in wednesbury the other day I needed 10 bags of multi he said we've got none i said when you getting some in he said I don't know, lol, I said well I'll have board finish then he said thats 2 years out of date mate
:wtf:
I said eh why? He said no one uses it round here so if we get rid of it they will send us another 2 pallets. Ffs so they had no multi & 2 pallets of 2 year out of date board finish lmao jokers! :mad:
Asked inside at the counter he didn't know when he was getting any multi delivered, Fcuking useless cnuts! :muyenojado:

Went to Jewsons in wednesbury the other day I needed 10 bags of multi he said we've got none i said when you getting some in he said I don't know, lol, I said well I'll have board finish then he said thats 2 years out of date mate
:wtf:
I said eh why? He said no one uses it round here so if we get rid of it they will send us another 2 pallets. Ffs so they had no multi & 2 pallets of 2 year out of date board finish lmao jokers! :mad:
Asked inside at the counter he didn't know when he was getting any multi delivered, Fcuking useless cnuts! :muyenojado:

Is that baddie builder making you buy and collect your own materials? Next thing you'll be telling us is that he doesn't carry it in for you and make you a brew. :eek:

Is that baddie builder making you buy and collect your own materials? Next thing you'll be telling us is that he doesn't carry it in for you and make you a brew. :eek:

The labourers carrying the gear in & making the brews so that's that covered. :coffe:
Just need someone to put the Shit on the walls for me now :sisi:

The labourers carrying the gear in & making the brews so that's that covered. :coffe:
Just need someone to put the Shit on the walls for me now :sisi:

At your age you need to start planning ahead, there're only so many miles in those grandad knees and elbows. Maybe now is the time to start getting an improver like @Lodan on board?

:LOL:

At your age you need to start planning ahead, there're only so many miles in those grandad knees and elbows. Maybe now is the time to start getting an improver like @Lodan on board?

:LOL:
Nisus seems like a bit of a strange one so I might be a bit to worried for my safety to go in with him....would I be eligible for all those free fry ups he seems to get?

I spent about 5 years running a hundred miles a week so my knees are probably in worse shape that nisus'

just been to wickes and signed up, just bought a few multi and even treated myself to some new work boots

Did you get any sheets for me?
To replace my others...
Splodger
Im sure I can dig out some old curtains you can have, think I got some nice pink ones in the garage just your type of thing, very glamorous(y)

Did you get any sheets for me?
To replace my others...
Splodger
image.jpeg

Went into Jewsons the other day...only place near my job, they wanted £17.50 for 2 offcuts of floorboard 700 long which the lad in the yard said were going to be chucked, but when he asked his manager said charge for them...robbing f**king c**ts
Who buys gear in jewsons? Don't know how that place survived in recession.
Utter robbing basta***

Nisus seems like a bit of a strange one so I might be a bit to worried for my safety to go in with him....would I be eligible for all those free fry ups he seems to get?

You'll be fine working inbetween me & Larry the length Marra :)

:bananas:

I have never managed to get a merchant to beat wickes

The one near me used to beat any price by 10% providing you took in a quote or your terms printed out from the merchants. I'm on the lafarge contractors list so used to get the boards cheap , would then go in and get gear cheaper again by 10% they hated it lol