1 coat skimming with supaflex

Members online

not jealous mate - just realistic. I've been in the trade 10 years and I'm a superviser - my motto is quality over quantity, I wouldn't allow them to do that too! I've never came across a lad who can hoy a full room including a ceiling on in one! Don't know who would want to do that either, Yes I could throw on 100m2 a day if I'm working 10hours + a day!
Wish I never commented now as there's a minority are so much up there own ars* it's unreal! Anyway am away to order materials for Monday I better order them 10 bags as a lot of people think that this is the norm! Have a good weekend lads!

Now you mention it a whole room does sound pretty unrealistic.
A ceiling and four whole walls surely no one could manage that.

Boys I know you can't tell everything from photos, but on my website, the bottom few pictures in the loft were all one coated with a mt and refina sponge. Take a look, you can tell the finish is decent, to be honest it's the best finish I have ever seen and done. I can one coat spot on, but I can't do what guys like scottie5 do on site, that's too rapid for me.

Poor rates is no excuse for doing half a job ... the spreads a mug if that's the case.

The day I justify to myself that its ok been to 1 coat when I know I should 2 coating is the day I quit plastering as that's when standards slip in every aspect of your business !!

Poor rates is an excuse for doing half a job, if there not willing to pay what the job is worth then why should they get a top level of service.

some people are just so amazing..... I wouldnt be attempting putting a full living room on in one go... you would not have the time to pat attention to detail... thats on your own... 2 and 1... obviously easy.... when people go on about how much they put on a day, think some omit the help they get ..lol... and maybe the standard is not the best....

Poor rates is an excuse for doing half a job, if there not willing to pay what the job is worth then why should they get a top level of service.

That's just putting yourself in a situation where you risk your work being pulled and potentially causing yourself hassle and for what an hour and half extra a day ??.... your also losing pride in your own work and for me id start looking for a new job when i looked at my work and thought it'll do for what im getting paid - nobody forces you to work for x amount ....

.... but that's my opinion .... I take pride in what I do and am my own worst critic - something i'll never apologise for !!

I know a gang of 2 skimmers and a labourer who do a house a day!!!! They do more then 100m2 a day each!! They think they are the best on the firm!! I'm like good luck with that lads as I can't wait to see how you do in another 5 years!!!! The firms love m2 bashers! This is why I hate site work! Much better working for small builders do a few walls s day!!!!! Easy money!

That's just putting yourself in a situation where you risk your work being pulled and potentially causing yourself hassle and for what an hour and half extra a day ??.... your also losing pride in your own work and for me id start looking for a new job when i looked at my work and thought it'll do for what im getting paid - nobody forces you to work for x amount ....

.... but that's my opinion .... I take pride in what I do and am my own worst critic - something i'll never apologise for !!

I'm not asking you to apologise bud my point is how can you take pride in your work if you have been cut down to a rate where your barely scraping by? Folk nowadays think they can get something for nothing so why should they get our services cut price? You buy a tin delux paint out of b and q for pennies it's like water. You buy a tin out delux centre it's thick as ****. It happens all over and when folk start realising cheap money means cheap job then the rates might go back up!

Nearly 2 years ago but fuuck it ......1 coat supaflex...my next thread "can I 1 coat with whatever 1 stop throw at me"

Hope the the arseholes at the start of this thread are still 2 coating ....my 1 coating would make you lot look like "coursers" !!

Attachments

• 20160131_105752.jpg
    20160131_105752.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 447
  • 20160131_105740.jpg
    20160131_105740.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 394
  • 20160131_105712.jpg
    20160131_105712.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 439
Nearly 2 years ago but fuuck it ......1 coat supaflex...my next thread "can I 1 coat with whatever 1 stop throw at me"

Hope the the arseholes at the start of this thread are still 2 coating ....my 1 coating would make you lot look like "coursers" !!

:D

I 1 coat board work @JohnDoe ... I just put a decent bed over board joints dub beads out...

Mix my gear much firmer and apply shorter strokes flatten straight off then 1 flatten after running little brua over angles...3rd and final trowel with water brushedonto ceiling & skirt lines...job done

1hr 30-40 mins set job done:bailando:

I 1 coat board work @JohnDoe ... I just put a decent bed over board joints dub beads out...

Mix my gear much firmer and apply shorter strokes flatten straight off then 1 flatten after running little brua over angles...3rd and final trowel with water brushedonto ceiling & skirt lines...job done

1hr 30-40 mins set job done:bailando:

I've never one coated with super flex mate. .. can't trowel up 2 coats never mind 1 coat with them trowels lol

@algeeman what's your process for 1 coating mate?

Irish coffee in the evening ...loads of it.
1 big bin 3 bags 45m x3 times a day.

this is the easy part.
coming home to an 8 year old girls tantrum because she lost her footy cards ???
There is no solution !!!!
The 5 year old hates her food and the baby never sleeps.

ONE COAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you a plasterer or have you got shares in refina ??????????????????????

:D:D

I have never done it, but have seen guys on site doing it and have said it before , you can't tell the difference ! Well, at least me:loco:! Next time when I see quality like this I will be more nosy, maybe volunteer fr few days with them:rolleyes:

I've done 1 coat skimming for years.
As Long as you put the right thickness on there's no difference.
It when it's to thin it looks awful.
Hard wall and sand/cement always get two coats.
On board cork all joints lay on nice and flat then sponge it and two two trowels and a polish job done.
People slag it off coz they haven't mastered the timing

Irish coffee in the evening ...loads of it.
1 big bin 3 bags 45m x3 times a day.

this is the easy part.
coming home to an 8 year old girls tantrum because she lost her footy cards ???
There is no solution !!!!
The 5 year old hates her food and the baby never sleeps.

My boys 3 in march and has only slept through the night a handful of times. Very tiring mate.

I've done 1 coat skimming for years.
As Long as you put the right thickness on there's no difference.
It when it's to thin it looks awful.
Hard wall and sand/cement always get two coats.
On board cork all joints lay on nice and flat then sponge it and two two trowels and a polish job done.
People slag it off coz they haven't mastered the timing

You get any rippling on the scrims?