Yorkshire New build prices

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meeting him tomorrow on the job will let you know when negotiations have finished
If they are the ones I know, they are £950 each. Can't remember the spec exactly but abit of everything wants doing( boarding, roughing, and dotting). However, they are only small 1 bed. Should plough through em.£££££s.

What's breakdown rates tho Pedro m2££?
Skimming?
Floating?
Dotting? Or does he just give a bulk price each apartment?

What's breakdown rates tho Pedro m2££?
Skimming?
Floating?
Dotting? Or does he just give a bulk price each apartment?
I got the impression it was a bulk price, but I'm sure he'll break price down, cuz I didn't ask. I got told the area of ceilings is only 60m2, 20 boards ish. So not that big. Got the impression most was dotted apart from 1 wall in kitchen, as it had surface mounted pipe work. May need dubbing out, leaving, then levelling up with more roughing. Sorry about being vague but it was only a passing chat.

If they are the ones I know, they are £950 each. Can't remember the spec exactly but abit of everything wants doing( boarding, roughing, and dotting). However, they are only small 1 bed. Should plough through em.£££££s.
Cheers for the info doesn't hurt to know before hand

Haha good effort mate! Not keen on them myself when they do s**t like that, could fit my hand behind the level, got be proper s**t f**k a 7ft x 8ft wall that bad.

Having not worked on site myself....would you be expected to level that wall up and for the same meterage price?
Is there a thickness that the m2 price allows for or is it to level a wall with a min thickness of x ?

How the hell does a Brickie get away with building that and if you have a little hollow here and there you've f**k*d the wall up?

Having not worked on site myself....would you be expected to level that wall up and for the same meterage price?
Is there a thickness that the m2 price allows for or is it to level a wall with a min thickness of x ?

How the hell does a Brickie get away with building that and if you have a little hollow here and there you've f**k*d the wall up?
Don't get any extra money wise at all on sites if walls are out plasterers will sort it there think,its worse when there's a window bottom or door casing and only got 25mm to play with..some sets of reveals we did there was a inch difference either side on a 4ft span

Good solid outfit, been around a long time.
They use to be on here a few years ago.
I've subbied for Keith for 8 years did a job 2day for him but we are getting quite a bit of our own work coming through now..30 odd years there have been going..good bloke

Don't get any extra money wise at all on sites if walls are out plasterers will sort it there think,its worse when there's a window bottom or door casing and only got 25mm to play with..some sets of reveals we did there was a inch difference either side on a 4ft span

Why is it left to us to sort then and not be compensated?
Do the brickies get deducted money for there f**k up?

I've subbied for Keith for 8 years did a job 2day for him but we are getting quite a bit of our own work coming through now..30 odd years there have been going..good bloke
Yep, think his lad runs a bit now. Had Paul ring me the other day to see if we'd do any rendering on a job he's on in settle but we've enough on, and can't spare anyone.

Do there balls,main gaffer who owns the building company said to us lads try ur best we all know brickies r s**t! There all just blame each other
It's usually down to the agent getting the brickies to lay the blocks to high or the same s**t prices also putting the roof floors down too soon. Talking to a bricky apprentice last night who is on site and the beickies are getting less than £3000 to build a house so everyone one on site is nailed down and working their bollox off. The prices in Manchester are the same quoted coz there is a hand full of plastering contractors and they are in each other's pockets. They all keep the prices the same and they also make as much on materials, I could never understand why hundreds of boards got skipped and all other materials and nobody gave a f**k, that's because they all keep each other sweet, contractors and merchants.

Not site work mate, its an insurance job, he had 2 +half days build 3 walls, thats the worst one but the other two arent far behind. There was two brickies + lab 1st day + got all 3 bout 5-6 courses up then finished off next day + a half, he must get dizzy the higher he goes.

Take a level next job you go on and charge to put it right !!plastering has got to go through the roof price wise,end of story its always been labour intensive don't sell yourself short ..

Im getting £1080 to skim 4 bed house which is selling for £249.500.

Its not the best price ive worked for but it still isnt a bad wage.
Considering what warehouse/office/army/junior doctors have to do for what they get paid.

This thread is just ridiculous with the prices. No wonder why people busy on these prices and booked up for years. Absolute joke

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Im getting £1080 to skim 4 bed house which is selling for £249.500.

Its not the best price ive worked for but it still isnt a bad wage.
Considering what warehouse/office/army/junior doctors have to do for what they get paid.
Thing is algeeman, twenty years of what your doing will end with repeat scripts of antiinflammatory and most likely orthopaedic surgery, count how many Marshall towns you've got through over the years, shoulder,elbow,knee and hip cartilage ain't so easily replaced, guy working a factory, office, shop etc don't have those problems.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

There's a lad local to me who recently was telling me proudly that he'd done 10 bags in a day and does 3 gauges a day on day rate and barely stops. The new generation have this slave mentality that's killing it for the rest of the sane, work to live, plasterers.

Plasterering on price work is a hard life.
But its the life you choose.

My calasis on hands have gone.....body doesnt ache as much thanks to speedskims and flex trowels.

I see groundworkers brickies all outside grafting like fuuck in this shite weather for a lot less money.

The only thing that does me is breathing this s**t in for the last 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.