Yorkshire New build prices

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalesufc

Hi guys,
New to forum. I've been on new build houses for many years and I'm starting to hear stories of people on high £ m2, I'm on £4.20 m2 board and skim (which I'm getting fed up with) and I don't know anyone paying more than this at moment so I thought I'd ask you guys if you know firms that pay more.

Unfortunately that price is common amongst big plastering firms around sheffield/Rotherham. To be honest I've done ok on these prices but I have to kill my body and it's now taking its toll!!! If you guys know any companies in Yorkshire that pay more I would be grateful if you could messgage me name of companies. There's tons of work out there but can't seem to find anyone paying more. Cheers

We pay lads at least £5.50m2 board and skim if subby it out,we are double boarding a 40m2 ceiling 2mz with a 2 layers of insulation and skim and company is paying us £12.50m2..the prices are defo going up..we are Leeds area..

It doesn't help when other trades around you are getting pay rises but I'm still on same rates I was on over 10yrs ago. Like I said hear stories of people on a lot more £m2 but be nice to know who

Can you recommend anyone kitchy, bit nervous about jumping ship so close to Xmas, but willing to take risk if a good company recommend.

Man I worked on Isle of dogs. 1987/88 we were getting 3quid on large areas beaded out ahead.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Yeh £4.20 is going rate. They also want a top notch job. They want a Jaguar for the price of a morris minor. One firm I've done work for uses a uv light on the finish. Oh and laser levels your dotting. I kid you not.

Yeh £4.20 is going rate. They also want a top notch job. They want a Jaguar for the price of a morris minor. One firm I've done work for uses a uv light on the finish. Oh and laser levels your dotting. I kid you not.
I'd tell that company where to stick there £4.20m2 to be honest

Can anybody tell me why commercial prices are better than house bashing prices when houses are harder to do
Commercial rates here are the same as house bashing but on commercial you need to skim up to 3m high for the same price, at one point there was a local firm to me paying £1.50m2 skimming 90pm2 for tacking and £1.25m2 dabbing and they had lots of guys working for them it made me sick just thinking of getting up to slave yourself for them rates but that was their choice not mine

Can anybody tell me why commercial prices are better than house bashing prices when houses are harder to do
Joke isn't it as commercial is usually cream..house bashing is s**t,we've just done a house in branham,wetherby was worth £2400 dotted walls and skimmed full lot on £6m2 but there was no cream at all there were all little ish rooms etc and house was worth £400,000 and we get £2400 to plaster it

Commercial rates here are the same as house bashing but on commercial you need to skim up to 3m high for the same price, at one point there was a local firm to me paying £1.50m2 skimming 90pm2 for tacking and £1.25m2 dabbing and they had lots of guys working for them it made me sick just thinking of getting up to slave yourself for them rates but that was their choice not mine
There the numptys who drive prices down tho for the rest of us

It
Joke isn't it as commercial is usually cream..house bashing is s**t,we've just done a house in branham,wetherby was worth £2400 dotted walls and skimmed full lot on £6m2 but there was no cream at all there were all little ish rooms etc and house was worth £400,000 and we get £2400 to plaster it

Jesus! Disgusting isn't it. Is this what the jobs come to on internals?!

I wouldn't dream of house bashing for that! Nor would I pay my subbies that low!

House bashing you can charge what you like whether you get it is another thing. Commercial work your given rates and you like it or lump it.
They have the power so set the prices! No different to a dictatorship.
It's f**k**g slavery that but won't change when people will work for it!
I'd rather sign on then be someone's money maker at them rates! Vile c**ts!

I wouldn't dream of house bashing for that! Nor would I pay my subbies that low!

House bashing you can charge what you like whether you get it is another thing. Commercial work your given rates and you like it or lump it.
They have the power so set the prices! No different to a dictatorship.
It's f**k**g slavery that but won't change when people will work for it!
I'd rather sign on then be someone's money maker at them rates! Vile c**ts!
It will never change as there will always be sum rough c**t who will work for practically FCK all im afraid if your subbing out for sum1 and getting s**t rates its cos the guy is creaming most of the money cos he knows you will work for it

Theres nobody locally that i know of currently paying more than £2.50m2 for skimming and thats a rare site. I've not seen people get more than that but you hear loads claim there getting £3+. Firms we work for always pay slightly less on commercial as there aware its good areas.

Its all well and good people saying it'll continue while ppl work for it but the unfortunate truth is we all have bills to pay and kids to feed so if you said no thanks to the rates ur just harming yourself. They'll always get lads to do it because its just not possible to stop the entire plastering trade from working for a month. No need to discuss further and if you think otherwise your deluded.

The average in the north west house bashing is between £2.40 and £2.60 for skimming.

If you get a decent start every morning you can clear a grand a week without leaving late everynight.

I always find I can get more metres on houses than commercial....because of the run.

The thing I cant stand is firms stopping retention and citb %
Which the bigger firms do in north west.

£2.50m2 isn't that bad it's the guy earlier who said lads were getting £1.50 and £1.20 for dotting etc now that's just fcking slavery in my eyes

The average in the north west house bashing is between £2.40 and £2.60 for skimming.

If you get a decent start every morning you can clear a grand a week without leaving late everynight.

I always find I can get more metres on houses than commercial....because of the run.

The thing I cant stand is firms stopping retention and citb %
Which the bigger firms do in north west.
The famous 2% retention that you never get back,its just a tax u pay firm in my eyes for them getting u work

Last year I was skimming in the midlands .....digs paid for on the christmas rush.
£2.40 a mtre making £1600 a week.

Its how you set yourself up for house bashing.

Ive earned 50k a year on £2 in recession.
Its not how fast you are but on experience setting your game up.

The big firms in our area have around 100 blokes each all paying around £4 - £4.20. That's a lot of men working on these s**t rates but these companies are monopolising all the work. If I could get £5 a metre board and skim I'd make a fortune. Very frustrating, hence why the post.

Last year I was skimming in the midlands .....digs paid for on the christmas rush.
£2.40 a mtre making £1600 a week.

Its how you set yourself up for house bashing.

Ive earned 50k a year on £2 in recession.
Its not how fast you are but on experience setting your game up.
What is your setup for house bashing if you don't mind me asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.