Yorkshire New build prices

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop trying to convince yourself £ 2.50m2 is a good rate ,its shite ,i was getting £ 3m2 ten years ago and i thought that was shite and algeeman as Victor Meldrew says i dont believe it

Site for 7.
Bags beads done first
each room upstairs skim in 1 hit (ceilings and walls)
sort water n scrim for next room inbetween.

downstairs easier to skim all cieling in 1 hit easier as more open space.
skim each room in a hit pulling in any cupbaords in between.

scrape up between hits.
sweep house out jump into next plot...and then your house has been bashed hahaha.

Ive done £3 down south for davenports shortlands all of em mate.
Worked all over uk I dont need to impress you bobby £3 is a good rate.

My next site is £7.50 for floating and skimming.

5 years ago I was £5 for floating.

Subbies dont control payment housing firms and contractors do .....they pay me I dont pay them.

Site for 7.
Bags beads done first

scrape up between hits.
sweep house out jump into next plot...and then your house has been bashed hahaha.

2 big hits a day or 3?

I know rates are all different around country and yes £4.20 board and skim is s**t but my original post is to find out if anyone knows of any companies paying more in Yorkshire. Cheers

I would only believe you if i stood there and watched you and the reason i dont believe is because you misspelt ceiling!

Subbies dont control payment housing firms and contractors do .....they pay me I dont pay them.
Can make some good money floating on them prices are recession I was getting £7m2 float n skim and was pulling in easy £300 a day with just a labourer mixing,then prices went to £5 and just got offered big house in Skipton for £7m2 but turned it down as can't be arsed getting back into that floating s**t

I know rates are all different around country and yes £4.20 board and skim is s**t but my original post is to find out if anyone knows of any companies paying more in Yorkshire. Cheers
D r plastering Rotherham

Can make some good money floating on them prices are recession I was getting £7m2 float n skim and was pulling in easy £300 a day with just a labourer mixing,then prices went to £5 and just got offered big house in Skipton for £7m2 but turned it down as can't be arsed getting back into that floating s**t
Who was the house for in Skipton ?

Site for 7.
Bags beads done first

scrape up between hits.
Yea we don't do staircases either

Working at sub 3 quid,, all your doing is making the contractor a lot of money.
Build your cashflow up and increase your contacts and cut the middleman out and tackle the projects yourself direct, the developers are business men, if you can compete with the contractor on price, give the developer the option on choosing you.

Yea Dave is ok just a bit hard to get hold off. So it might be worth popping down to his office just google his address
Yeh he's ok to work for. Does retention, and job's are not always the best, but he gets work in. ALWAYS looking for lads.

So you was doing 666m2 a week on your own?

I was skimming keepmoat homes mp finish it was £48 grand @2
Redrow and forest homes were £1.80.
I just averaged it out.
Most lads I knew wernt working ....just had my 2nd child was worried about being out of work so I just hammered it.
This was on top of nearly travelling 3 hours a day.
Roughly £600 for the smalller houses ...2 a week.
£900 for 3 story 1.5 a week

These lads that are talking about well over 100m2 a day, yes they are trapping on but what time do they leave home?
On site at 7?
What time do the get up?
What time do they get home?
How many hours a week is that?
Getting up at half 5 is just for owls and burglars IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn right JGreen, have an uncle fit as a flea still doing small bits and bobs at seventy, always used a 12" trowell reckoned every inch bigger was worth five years at end of life, always tells me "never be a busy fool" life is for much more than struggling to catch monster gauges to keep subbies in brand new 4x4s.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Damn right JGreen, have an uncle fit as a flea still doing small bits and bobs at seventy, always used a 12" trowell reckoned every inch bigger was worth five years at end of life, always tells me "never be a busy fool" life is for much more than struggling to catch monster gauges to keep subbies in brand new 4x4s.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Amen brother!

These lads that are talking about well over 100m2 a day, yes they are trapping on but what time do they leave home?
On site at 7?
What time do the get up?
What time do they get home?
How many hours a week is that?
Getting up at half 5 is just for owls and burglars IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) :lol:

5 years ago I was floating for £4.30 a metre makes me sick thinking about now your from the northwest algeeman who you working for at the moment if you don't mind me asking?

5 years ago I was floating for £4.30 a metre makes me sick thinking about now your from the northwest algeeman who you working for at the moment if you don't mind me asking?
Worst I've been paid for floating is £5m2..nowt worse especially in winter and trying to get brickies walls straight that are averagely a good inch out proper donkeybwork is floating trying to get into that metalling dry lining looks a piece of piss and money is miles better.hate it when dry liners say we don't do dotting etc but there will glady do all screw fix easy work and take all the cream..stay out of our game f**k**s!!

Worst I've been paid for floating is £5m2..nowt worse especially in winter and trying to get brickies walls straight that are averagely a good inch out proper donkeybwork is floating trying to get into that metalling dry lining looks a piece of piss and money is miles better.hate it when dry liners say we don't do dotting etc but there will glady do all screw fix easy work and take all the cream..stay out of our game f**k**s!!
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1446750235.822290.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1446750293.690091.jpg

Walls like these??[emoji85]

Status
Not open for further replies.