Work in Sweden

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliP

I am renovating a 200m2 house in the southern half of Sweden and need the complete house plastered, walls, ceilings, the lot.
I can post as much information as you need but was just looking to see if this can be done from the UK and at what cost.
Qualified, time served required. I'm looking for good quality & completed before the Swedish winter sets in!!!
The best dates for me are from 3rd week in July till 3rd week in August.

Below are some details and should you be interested please contact me at hagarsweden@yahoo.com

1/ All walls and ceilings have new plaster boards fitted everywhere & the house is completely clear.
2/ 4 bedrooms, approx 4m x 4m each.
3/ Livingroom 9m x 5m
4/ Kitchen 8m x 5m
5/ All day room 6m x 5m
6/ 3 bathrooms, 4m x 3m, 2m x 2m & 2m x 1m
7/ Laundry room 3m x 3m
8/ Hall 6m x 7m
9/ Staircase

All material & tools would have to be supplied from the UK as these can not be sourced in Sweden.

I have accommodation and will arrange and pay for any travel via ferry or flights. Ferry from Harwich to Esjberg, Denmark is the easiest route. Flights to and from Copenhagen, Denmark are the easiest flights.

If anybody is genuinely interested then contact the above mentioned e-mail for more details.

AliP.

Naturaly i have emailed the guy a price . you know me always up for a rd trip and ive never been to sweden ;D

So is bringing bags off multi finish on the plane. :)

nAH, Flynny, ryanair are quite reasonable on multi hand luggage ;D

irish_spread said:
So is bringing bags off multi finish on the plane. :)

nAH, Flynny, ryanair are quite reasonable on multi hand luggage ;D

and potatoes

Don't take too many potatoes or there will be another famine. We are already running low on cod.

AliP said:
I am renovating a 200m2 house in the southern half of Sweden and need the complete house plastered, walls, ceilings, the lot.
I can post as much information as you need but was just looking to see if this can be done from the UK and at what cost.
Qualified, time served required. I'm looking for good quality & completed before the Swedish winter sets in!!!
The best dates for me are from 3rd week in July till 3rd week in August.

Below are some details and should you be interested please contact me at hagarsweden@yahoo.com

1/ All walls and ceilings have new plaster boards fitted everywhere & the house is completely clear.
2/ 4 bedrooms, approx 4m x 4m each.
3/ Livingroom 9m x 5m
4/ Kitchen 8m x 5m
5/ All day room 6m x 5m
6/ 3 bathrooms, 4m x 3m, 2m x 2m & 2m x 1m
7/ Laundry room 3m x 3m
8/ Hall 6m x 7m
9/ Staircase

All material & tools would have to be supplied from the UK as these can not be sourced in Sweden.

I have accommodation and will arrange and pay for any travel via ferry or flights. Ferry from Harwich to Esjberg, Denmark is the easiest route. Flights to and from Copenhagen, Denmark are the easiest flights.

If anybody is genuinely interested then contact the above mentioned e-mail for more details.

AliP.

lucius said:
Why is there no plaster in Sweden or for that fact no plasterers.

Coz the parrots eat them all LOL oooooooooooooooh sorry wrong joke i dont know why is there no plaster or plasterers in sweden?

prolly got a lot to do with the price of a pint.... :-X
youll be gettin the materials hauled over... good pallet, pack of boards...
might as well get em to stick a few good crates of beer on while your at it eh?

the guy needs 100 bags of multi taken over... I have a XLWB Iveco and I can only carry 50 bags and the round trip is £900.00 for the ferry and about £400.00 in fuel
Anyway I have given him a price but no responce yet...

Render Systems said:
the guy needs 100 bags of multi taken over... I have a XLWB Iveco and I can only carry 50 bags and the round trip is £900.00 for the ferry and about £400.00 in fuel
Anyway I have given him a price but no responce yet...
why does he need 100 bags. he said hes got 700m thats 70bags plus a lil bit xtra for waste.

i have never got 10 m2 from a bag of multi mate more like 7-8 max

BG coverage rate

Characteristics
Complies with EN 13279-1, type B1/20/2
Details
Nominal bag weight
Approx. coverage*
Approx. setting time
Shelf life

kg/m2 m2/1000kg hours months
25 410 – 430 1.5 4

* Coverage is based on 2mm thickness.

Never ever just put 2mm on

I worked it out at about 80 bags, I have given him a price and not had a reply.
With the price plus the cost of getting the materials over to sweden local plasterers will be cheaper and just as good.

John
Capital spread

Render Systems said:
i have never got 10 m2 from a bag of multi mate more like 7-8 max

BG coverage rate

Characteristics
Complies with EN 13279-1, type B1/20/2
Details
Nominal bag weight
Approx. coverage*
Approx. setting time
Shelf life

kg/m2 m2/1000kg hours months
25 410 – 430 1.5 4

* Coverage is based on 2mm thickness.

Never ever just put 2mm on
whats wrong with putting 2 mil on.im not saying any1 is right or wrong but i always order skim based on 10 m a bag and im always right give or take a bag or 2

Don't think he is sayin there is any thing wrong with it wiganlad , he just doesn't , my son whacks it on tight as foook and get's about 9-10m2 a bag , where as i'm a bit like rendersystems , i only get at max 8m2 a bag , every ones different mate , and i probably would off priced it with an extra twenty bags on top just too make sure , knowt worse than running out and you gotta come back for a bag ;D ;D ;D plus client usually measure on the lower side , oh its only 20m2 , then you get there an it's more like thirty ::)

warriorupnorth said:
Don't think he is sayin there is any thing wrong with it wiganlad , he just doesn't , my son whacks it on tight as foook and get's about 9-10m2 a bag , where as i'm a bit like rendersystems , i only get at max 8m2 a bag , every ones different mate , and i probably would off priced it with an extra twenty bags on top just too make sure , knowt worse than running out and you gotta come back for a bag ;D ;D ;D plus client usually measure on the lower side , oh its only 20m2 , then you get there an it's more like thirty ::)

Thanks mate... when i put skimming on i put at least 2-3 mill on the first pass then a tight laying in coat to take any hollows etc out it also gives me a lot more working time on very big areas as well as stopping the finish tearing.... also as you say a long way to go to run short of a bag or 2 especially if i get the job i will need room in the van for a few cases of beer

Render Systems said:
warriorupnorth said:

Thanks mate... when i put skimming on i put at least 2-3 mill on the first pass then a tight laying in coat to take any hollows etc out it also gives me a lot more working time on very big areas as well as stopping the finish tearing.... also as you say a long way to go to run short of a bag or 2 especially if i get the job i will need room in the van for a few cases of beer

and all the spare parts for the van ;D

warriorupnorth said:
ok think i may have understood this 1, no wories. MY FAULT, HIS MISTAKE lol ;D ;D

This bloke sounds mad to me there must be finish plaster available in Sweden i woulds be surprised if you cant get Knauf finish.

lucius said:
This bloke sounds mad to me there must be finish plaster available in Sweden i woulds be surprised if you cant get Knauf finish.

i have looked at Knauf in sweden they only do drywall gear and insulation systems anyway the guy has not been back intouch with me yet i quoted £10.00 per m2 labour only.... and before you all slag me off... thats what i charge...

I quoted £7.00 m2 and he pays for the materials to be delivered.

Thats a lot cheaper than £10.00m2 and he's not got back to me, what sort of price does the guy want !

Capital spread said:
I quoted £7.00 m2 and he pays for the materials to be delivered.

Thats a lot cheaper than £10.00m2 and he's not got back to me, what sort of price does the guy want !

Thats a good price mate im a fossil now but can easily do 60 - 70 m2 a day so at those rates £420.00 - £490.00 a day would do for me... the guy is probably hanging out for £2.50 per m2.... yawn yawn...

As a fossil I would do 40m2 per day time you take out materials = £250.00 a day for that you get a first class job

Its a long way to go for any snagging!

Status
Not open for further replies.