Plastering on m2 price

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I,m still dry 53 days now, havent been this long without a slurp for 20 years. finished work a couple of hours ago and it seems weird not being a bit sqifffed
attachment.php

most Ive ever managed is 90m2 a day on flats and thats mixing for myself and prep myself and I did 2 flats a week and maybe got ceilings on in 3rd flat and after 2 weeks or so of that I was F*cked! I really dont know where this 150 m2 plus comes from unless you are skimming a 6 foot high wall thats a mile long! Or you aint leaving much of a finish. I been a spread 34 years and if anyone on here can tell me how to do over 100 m2 a day housebashing,Im allllll ears! And thats labouring for yaself and no sponge pls.
55-60 m2 a day is about my limit at the age of 50 on the shite 2 bed houses they build thesedays. They are all sloped ceilings upstairs so you win on the groundfloor and lose it all back upstairs. You get no extra for bonding out the curve so even with dirty water you lose an hour waiting for that to set. Ok yes you can put on alot in big houses like when you got a 50m2 ceiling then big walls to go at but how about these small houses with no big areas? and 30 sockets to skim around in the kitchen? P*SSES ME OFF! Kind Regards,Smirnoff Ice,lots of.

Don't be so hard on yourself, that sort of meterage is still a good days work even for the younger spread

Its a hard game and the older you get the harder it gets.Alot of the time you dont know how much a house is worth until your half way thru,then you get the price and think F*****CK! I gotta be outa here in 2 days to make it pay! And you got 3 days hard work left! Soul destroying when you work ya nuts off and still cant make a house pay.

If you been at this game a long time,Google what is your weekly wage in 1984 worth in todays money? turns out Im earning same now as I did when I was 20! When a pint was less than a quid and a gallon of petrol was 1.70! On that note Im off to get another bottle of wine before the shops close!

Two sets a day and not massive sets at that. I'm too old to be chasing my tail and running about like a madman but I do know that I will do those sets perfectly. Massive hits are never the same quality as smaller hits, quality over quantity for me.

when it comes to doing metres i can can swim way more than you lot especially with a speedskim on each arm and speedskim flippers.............................:RpS_biggrin:

Last edited:
most Ive ever managed is 90m2 a day on flats and thats mixing for myself and prep myself and I did 2 flats a week and maybe got ceilings on in 3rd flat and after 2 weeks or so of that I was F*cked! I really dont know where this 150 m2 plus comes from unless you are skimming a 6 foot high wall thats a mile long! Or you aint leaving much of a finish. I been a spread 34 years and if anyone on here can tell me how to do over 100 m2 a day housebashing,Im allllll ears! And thats labouring for yaself and no sponge pls.
55-60 m2 a day is about my limit at the age of 50 on the shite 2 bed houses they build thesedays. They are all sloped ceilings upstairs so you win on the groundfloor and lose it all back upstairs. You get no extra for bonding out the curve so even with dirty water you lose an hour waiting for that to set. Ok yes you can put on alot in big houses like when you got a 50m2 ceiling then big walls to go at but how about these small houses with no big areas? and 30 sockets to skim around in the kitchen? P*SSES ME OFF! Kind Regards,Smirnoff Ice,lots of.

Lol good post that man, we are on a long run of skimming and we do 50-70 m a day each (2spreads no labourer) got a nice steady routine , keep pinching the prep work in between rubs, fill water butts once a week so not running around looking for hose. Works well for us, we know from experience that trying to get the extra metres on just knackers you on big jobs. We are on a decent price so gives us a nice wage.

Are you a girl?

Two sets a day and not massive sets at that. I'm too old to be chasing my tail and running about like a madman but I do know that I will do those sets perfectly. Massive hits are never the same quality as smaller hits, quality over quantity for me.
thats what i say to stuart,, thats why i put on a m2 each hit,,, looks lovely

All these super spreads who say they earn well over a grand on site work are just pushing prices down because once you start booking wages in like that the main contractor says **** that I'm not paying that hence the lower price on the next job with the excuse I've had to go in tight on this job.Will they ever learn.I'm 54 been there and done it.

All these super spreads who say they earn well over a grand on site work are just pushing prices down because once you start booking wages in like that the main contractor says **** that I'm not paying that hence the lower price on the next job with the excuse I've had to go in tight on this job.Will they ever learn.I'm 54 been there and done it.

Yep booking in can turn contractors.
When I was a subbie doin any skim on big jobs we always tried to keep some in the job because booking in a grand (even tho you put the graft in) used to pi55 some of em off.

They don't see how hard you work they only see the numbers. Its a game you had to play.

Having said that with today's rates I doubt anyone could pull the same money now.

Yep booking in can turn contractors.
When I was a subbie doin any skim on big jobs we always tried to keep some in the job because booking in a grand (even tho you put the graft in) used to pi55 some of em off.

They don't see how hard you work they only see the numbers. Its a game you had to play.

Having said that with today's rates I doubt anyone could pull the same money now.
Some will still say they do it even on £2 £2.25 a mtr.all heroes.

Some will still say they do it even on £2 £2.25 a mtr.all heroes.

I think it all depend on the job if your on new build house you aint making much more that 500 a week but on a commercial job with suspended ceilings and plenty of area its a lot easy to earn more

I think it all depend on the job if your on new build house you aint making much more that 500 a week but on a commercial job with suspended ceilings and plenty of area its a lot easy to earn more
I've been on commercials nearly all my working career and it was good when it was £3 but now the price is ****.no more paying the whole wall( Windows and doors took out)hop ups not allowed on a lot of jobs,narrow margins not paid,no money for loading up,no money for beading.it's gone **** and I can't see it getting better soon.it would be ok if we went back to £3 but I can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.