Plastering on m2 price

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not just me scared by that post then Keith, mashmans post is going to give me nightmares :-0:RpS_scared::RpS_scared:

Rh interiors should still be £5 a metre shouldn't have to hurt yourself over a few quid
Ive never seen no were near £5 a square im 24 bin in trade from 16. Best ive had is £2.50 and i was doing good on that dont get me wrong i can earn on £2 if jobs right just knackers me out.

All these super spreads who say they earn well over a grand on site work are just pushing prices down because once you start booking wages in like that the main contractor says **** that I'm not paying that hence the lower price on the next job with the excuse I've had to go in tight on this job.Will they ever learn.I'm 54 been there and done it.

What a load of ****

I'm starting to dislike this forum.to many muppets on here.they are normally found on the plastering section talking about skimming and rates.probably why Essex Andy left I reckon

I'm starting to dislike this forum.to many muppets on here.they are normally found on the plastering section talking about skimming and rates.probably why Essex Andy left I reckon

Its talking about rates, I don't think it's on either, but it's up to them I guess. But yep some fountains of knowledge are leaving like you say Essex Andy, and mark Ross, goody, forum needs fellas like this.

Bobby

Did you actually do that Job in Sweeden about 3 years ago?? if so I presume it was for a Poodle?/ if so I have a job in Brittany France been let down with the team gonna do it, loads plasterers here but quality questionable, I have approx 800M2 full internal all new plasterboard completed house made up of 4 bedrooms landing office, utility room pantry lobby kitchen and lounge, lounge ceiling puts most people off as its quite big 12 X10 mtr if interested and available quite soon give me a nod

Bobby

Did you actually do that Job in Sweeden about 3 years ago?? if so I presume it was for a Poodle?/ if so I have a job in Brittany France been let down with the team gonna do it, loads plasterers here but quality questionable, I have approx 800M2 full internal all new plasterboard completed house made up of 4 bedrooms landing office, utility room pantry lobby kitchen and lounge, lounge ceiling puts most people off as its quite big 12 X10 mtr if interested and available quite soon give me a nod
Sounds a great job, fill your boots @bobby :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no Muppet .when you`'ve been round the world plastering squash courts I don't think I can be classed as a Muppet.

All these super spreads who say they earn well over a grand on site work are just pushing prices down because once you start booking wages in like that the main contractor says **** that I'm not paying that hence the lower price on the next job with the excuse I've had to go in tight on this job.Will they ever learn.I'm 54 been there and done it.

Exactly Marshman! And it will never change. Never understood it cos the more you make,the more they make but they just dont want you earning over a certain amount.

most Ive ever managed is 90m2 a day on flats and thats mixing for myself and prep myself and I did 2 flats a week and maybe got ceilings on in 3rd flat and after 2 weeks or so of that I was F*cked! I really dont know where this 150 m2 plus comes from unless you are skimming a 6 foot high wall thats a mile long! Or you aint leaving much of a finish. I been a spread 34 years and if anyone on here can tell me how to do over 100 m2 a day housebashing,Im allllll ears! And thats labouring for yaself and no sponge pls.
55-60 m2 a day is about my limit at the age of 50 on the shite 2 bed houses they build thesedays. They are all sloped ceilings upstairs so you win on the groundfloor and lose it all back upstairs. You get no extra for bonding out the curve so even with dirty water you lose an hour waiting for that to set. Ok yes you can put on alot in big houses like when you got a 50m2 ceiling then big walls to go at but how about these small houses with no big areas? and 30 sockets to skim around in the kitchen? P*SSES ME OFF! Kind Regards,Smirnoff Ice,lots of.

Smirnoff Ice!!

you can but long days mate work mon-fri earning about 130 before tax a day, have to have the weekend to recover its **** shouldnt have to work that hard to make living, got domestic stuff coming up really cant wait to fuk site work off

**** putting so much on in a day....no one needs that much money surely? You'll end up ******! I do 3 hits a day, wether big or small, "normally" they all go the same speed etc, but i do sometimes work later and do 4 hits, and work till 6 or 7, but only if there is a good reason....

I work on domestics and 3 bags a day is about right, depends on job, if your doing reskims over shite walls with daft angles all over the place, thats all your getting done in the day, 3 hits... finish about 3pm.... obviously new work with decent sized areas, you can get more on, totally different when you have expensive carpets etc to be careful with.....

Agree with cassie. Never more than 2/3 bags on domestics. If u price right the money should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.