Hello. Genuine Plasterers?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello boys. I'm Ray from Plaistow. I am not a plasterer but a General Builder. My usual plasterer started to quote me stupid money so I needed to find a new one.I just wanted to ask how many of you are real plasterers? I have had two so called plasterers in the last week who could didn't have a clue what they were doing. I seriously could have done better work myself. That's the truth. One "didn't do" floating. The other was like a rabbit in the headlights. This is not a dig at all of you. I am just interested. If any "real" plasterers want ongoing work contact me.

My Mrs says I'm a real plasterer----------and shes never wrong (y):lol:

I found the Dublin rates good , €200 a day rate.
I put that down to the unions whereas over the border they fight for the £80 a day jobs as its a free for all.
When i was a proper plasterer i paid my labourer that!

When i do take a labourer not to often tho i pay him 70 to 80 aday I be ashamed to pay any less

To much id say

Start them off at £40 then after 4 moths go to £50 a day if you start them of on 70s to 80s when they get good you will have to put there money up to 100 or 120s maybe more just saves you money really

To much id say

Start them off at £40 then after 4 moths go to £50 a day if you start them of on 70s to 80s when they get good you will have to put there money up to 100 or 120s maybe more just saves you money really

This is Ireland he's talkin about.

I started on Free... then £30 then £40 the £50 £60 then £85 then £100 then £120 then broke away... :)

To much id say

€70 a day is only €2.50 a day more than the minimum wage in ireland.

My mate is on the dole. He has 3 kids and a wife. They get a little over €400 a week. Has a council house he pays 75 a week for. And he works about 2days a week labouring for €80 a day. So €560 for 2 days work. Some times i think am the f**k**g clown

I'm Enfield in Meath. Do you know a lad over there called Willie Maguire originally from Broadford, small subbie I think ?
I know him well,since he came home from England about 20 years ago.He used to do all John O Connells work in Naas.

spooneys in Ireland now too so makes it even cheaper
few miles over the border and you cant even get the bloody dole if your out of work self employed and if you were eligible you get a royal £67 a week

I remember smoking and drinking in the pub till 2-3am, garda just dead opposite the pub never got problems ever, oh those were the days

Lol Ireland where you can't buy 2 punts for £10... I will stick to England thanks :)
€4.20 for a pint of Guinness in my local pub.When I'm on the way home from work I see the dole boys smoking outside it.

€4.20 for a pint of Guinness in my local pub.When I'm on the way home from work I see the dole boys smoking outside it.

Same here.
They've money to be in there every afternoon, every night I've to drive past them, or nearly run them over when they are diving in & out of the bookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.