Hello. Genuine Plasterers?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a sports centre in Ilford 10 years ago, is it still standing??

I used to do all a certain builder's work up until about 2 years ago, when he went for a cheaper option, was no hard feelings.
A house he did in the winter was pulled to bits by the client and he asked me to go up and put it right.
What he saved in those 2 years was probably lost on that one house, alongside the sub standard work the plasterer had left in the previous two years risking his name.
Phoned me last week to price a house for him, I think the penny dropped.
In an expensive part of Wicklow ?

20150702_190545.jpg
Was just asked to fix this after a real plasterer.

Thanks theclemo. That is the standard of work I have been passed off with and not because I am paying peanuts. My answers seem to be delayed so it makes it look like I am not answering the replys.

Couldn't tell you where exactly! I could take you to it but don't know names of roads etc. it was a David Lloyd sports place. Can't even remember name of the main contractor, I was on for a subby from the north.
The grey matter is bolloxed

Okay boys. Thanks for all the replys. I paid him a lot more than a hundred a day. Let's say double that. My point was about there being so many pretenders out there who are not proper plasterers. None of you have addressed that I see.

Only just seen this post from the OP.

How can we address how many clowns there are pretending to be plasterers?

200 a day for for a competent spread, who you could leave on a job with peace of mind, in the capital, is not expensive whatsoever.

'Silly money'

Ffs go away.

I have a gypsy working with me next week. I know him from the boxing club. He asked me for some work. Should be interesting.

What are the rates in kildare.
In the good times I was earning 200 to 300 a day on price.I only do private work.Lads here on sites are getting 120 euros a day before tax.Don't let anyone tell you any diffrent.The biggest problem I have is guys on the dole working for 80 euro cash a day,and have no intention of changing their ways.

In the good times I was earning 200 to 300 a day on price.I only do private work.Lads here on sites are getting 120 euros a day before tax.Don't let anyone tell you any diffrent.The biggest problem I have is guys on the dole working for 80 euro cash a day,and have no intention of changing their ways.

The dole workers in louth are working for €100 aday. But no builders are giving them work because the builders can't get cash. 120 b4 tax i could not run the business on that. If you work it out the dole workers are making more.

Would have thought you would get a bit more than that in Kildare, not being that far from the city

Would have thought you would get a bit more than that in Kildare, not being that far from the city
Maynooth,Clane,Sallins.I know lads on sites there and that's what they get.Maybe 160 a day in Dublin.

Maynooth,Clane,Sallins.I know lads on sites there and that's what they get.Maybe 160 a day in Dublin.
I'm Enfield in Meath. Do you know a lad over there called Willie Maguire originally from Broadford, small subbie I think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.