600sqm skim required, Ipswich

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
with a decent bit of plastering you should not be able to find any faults. screws are often missed, they must just be tightend up, before you skim. scrim should not be showing, the boards should be laying flat together.there should be no gorges or gore holes. internals should be neat.

I hear ya, was merely suggesting in a veiled way that maybe he should of got someone who knew what they were doing from the off set to do boarding and skimming. Personally if i had got there and screw heads where protruding i would of called whoever borded it gave them a pozi driver and said sort that so i can start please !

Yeah man for sure we all said this last year lol

We specifically asked if all the screws were ok and we were told they were fine. The odd few that obviously weren't countersunk sufficiently I don't know why he didn't nip them up a little bit further if he felt he needed to.

A crap job is a crap job regardless of what you pay for it.

Why would you ask If the screws were ok? Surely a man of your stature should know if a screw need countersinking more having done all the work in your house??

see this is why you should have picked someone from here even the cheapest as even if you got a **** spread he would not want to fck it up and it make its way on to here..

please don't post any pics of the "bad" job here as from my perspective It not professional to pull someone's work..

Hopefully next time you will heed our warning with regards to the amount of messers in the plastering game..

countersink the screws a couple of mm!!!

Ok I have seen it and the finish is not at all good enough, I'm not being picky but there are gauges, screws showing, scrim tape showing, corners not sharp. I think it will have to be done again.

Theres probably 30+ defects in 2 rooms...

Ive just read this thread from start to finish, and its been fooking epic.

What a lesson to learn.You could have gone with someone here trusted and able, and thats what you get...classic.

I've been following his thread on pistonheads, the quaility of work is dogshit, have a close look at the boarding on page 48. Our build thread, renovation and extension - PistonHeads

I can't see many half decent spreads considering to even take that job on. In fact for what it would cost to have someone decent make a silk purse out of that, there wouldn't have been much in it, price wise, to have it boarded by them too.

I've been following his thread on pistonheads, the quaility of work is dogshit, have a close look at the boarding on page 48. Our build thread, renovation and extension - PistonHeads

I can't see many half decent spreads considering to even take that job on. In fact for what it would cost to have someone decent make a silk purse out of that, there wouldn't have been much in it, price wise, to have it boarded by them too.

Not being funny but, I've seen much worse boarding done by so called "pros" and we decent spreads still have to get over it

Not being funny but, I've seen much worse boarding done by so called "pros" and we decent spreads still have to get over it
If you looked closely at the pics, and you're use to going over work like that, then we are in very different boats my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.