Your worst day at work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your worst day on the tools?

Did you fall through a ceiling? Did you knock a dirty bucket of water over?

I was on the top of an office block where they had a white Sto finish, I was doing all the cills with some grey stuff and sprayed the wall with splashes of grey. They got a couple of labourers to wash it off and it dropped about four floors staining the lot :( then my spot board slid through the scaffold falling 30 Floorsand landing in the middle of a road in the centre of Manchester luckily not killing anyone. Then to top it off after three days I found out I was on the wrong job I should of been inside for another firm :( but they kept me on :)

Well there's the time I fell backwards off a bench and removed all the skin off the inside of two fingers on some rusty corrugated roofing sheet (skin grafts are unpleasant!). Or, when a jack collapsed and crushed my little finger off which stung a bit too.

However, I think I agree with plasterjfe's mate Dave. No Costa nearby is a disaster of global proportions! :cry:

i have been shot twice, the first hit on the side of the head with nail from a second fix nail gun.
the second was when we had a blockage in the tube on the screed pump, walking along the pipe when i could see the bulge in the pipe, the pipe exploded pieces of grit from the sand went through my clothes into my skin.

Came back from a jolly to tattiescone land yesterday hoping to pick up my van from me marra's spray shop, dropped it off before my trip to get the cills and arches tidied up and he showed me the drivers step....................:cry:

Attachments

• DSC_0076.JPG
    DSC_0076.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 407
  • DSC_0078.JPG
    DSC_0078.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 413
Not me but the guy I was working with fell from the very top of a tall gable off the side of the scaffold all the way to the floor. How we laughed

Worst day at work was plastering around the steel rsjs in roof of a boiling hot church at RAF Brize Norton. On a scissor lift. Up and down. Up and Down.

Unbeknownst to me my labourer, locked the trigger on, on my drill. I plugged it in, and turned plug on. Flew round picked up the dust sheet, threw one bucket of water, and a bag of bonding in the air. Both came down and mixed beautifully on the customers cream carpet. Drill also taking out my ankle in the process! New carpet. expensive patching job that one!!
Paranoid to this day about checking the trigger on my mixer now!

Carrying a bag of cement down the scaffold ladder. Leg slipped through the ladder and I went down the ladder head first. Cracked me head on a stone plant pot and almost broke my wrist trying to catch myself. Blacked out and woke up few minutes later. Was working alone and had to drive 20 miles with one hand.

was brute force used?

Nah, was no need.
Made a few phone calls and a young local lad had heard some other young lads talking about the tools. An apprentice had bought them. Poor lad was shaking like a shitting dog when me & mate went around to his dad's. He denied he had them and his dad backed him up but said to leave it with him. Landed at my door 10mins later with all tools & an apology.
Lad that stole them was last seen getting kicked down the road by his old fella rumour had it.
Oh, he also bought me a brand new collated screw gun which I didn't retrieve coz it had obviously been sold.
All swell that ends well [emoji3]

Status
Not open for further replies.