Your best/favourite job you have done

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasjack

Was thinking this morning about all the jobs I've done over the years

Best one I done was at a shop a good 6 7 years back wicked people great money and a good laugh

Turned the upstairs of the shop into a flat
4 bed room
2 bathrooms
Huge kitchen
Removed walls etc

Any of your lot had a best/favourite job over the years??

Don't really have a favourite .walling gives me the least hassle
I prefer the smaller jobs 4 weeks or so .... make decent money with no weekend work

£2 m2 for fire taping 1000 m2 of ceiling just scrim and fill the joint done it in a week good pay day on the Friday
I've read on here people offering for full skim £220P what are they Trying to pull

Way back due to a pure fluke I pulled a direct contract from a major contractor (they gave me what the QS allowed for the jobs)
That was a LOT of money!
Work was ridiculously easy too.
Nothing will ever beat it ever

I've done a plumbing and tiling course.
Quite happy with my first couple of jobs.(y)

Screenshot_2015-07-08-19-52-31-1.png
Screenshot_2015-07-08-19-52-09-1.png

We used to do party walls scratch coat with silo gear on barratts sites 10 years ago was pulling in 600 a day.
Ohhh the good old days

I did a lovely barn conversion in 2009 the client was like take your time I dont want miles thrown in it just needs to be right :) proper nice job lovely bi areas I real grand designs project :)

Best job about 10yrs ago. Working for a builder. Money not the best, still an improver, but there was about 10 of us. All on the job from start to finish. Great people. All jumping in helping out each other. Had a proper laugh. Gang lasted about a year. Shame it had to end.

My favourite is a full refurb, just completed one, although had to wait for the leaky for 6 weeks to realize that he would never turn up, so bashed out the bathroom and plumbing too. Quite satisfying when you now people queuing up to rent the place cos it's nice and new.

My favourite is a full refurb, just completed one, although had to wait for the leaky for 6 weeks to realize that he would never turn up, so bashed out the bathroom and plumbing too. Quite satisfying when you now people queuing up to rent the place cos it's nice and new.

I'm looking on getting another rental soon will make it my 6th one
Love doing them and there always snapped up

There's a 26,000 square foot house that William Boeing had built for himself (of the Boeing Airplane company) almost 100 years ago. It's had the same owners since the early 1970's . I've been their plaster restoration guy since the early 1990's. It's closer than most jobs to my home. I know every square foot of the place. I have a lot of reverence for the building and feel honored every time I get a call to come out and do some restoration work.

Attachments

• DSCN1672.JPG
    DSCN1672.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 313
  • DSCN1947.JPG
    DSCN1947.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 337
had a nice bit of luck once, called up to look at a job that the client had been let down on,reskim a small bungalow.. after wandering round and chatting to the guy , he came right out and said ' could you do it for £6500?'
fook me!! i was thinking more like £2500.. 'bit tight' i said... ,ok if i supply the materials would you do it for £6500 ?...
ok i said , see you in the morning !!

Status
Not open for further replies.