Worse job Jin plastering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagey

Private Member
Alright chaps
Just spent 2 days ripping down old lathe and plaster ceilings was covered in crap bag it up and get it all out side then tidy up,I think for me this is the worse part of our job (maybe only on domestics) surely no one can find a worse job in our game

Alright chaps
Just spent 2 days ripping down old lathe and plaster ceilings was covered in crap bag it up and get it all out side then tidy up,I think for me this is the worse part of our job (maybe only on domestics) surely no one can find a worse job in our game
I love doing it, satisfying as f**k

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah it ain't good. You're black as the ace of spades afterwards with all the slate dust.

You should of just left them up and skimmed um. :hola:
The ceiling was sagging so no chance if I could overboard I would it's got to be one of my worse jobs ever feel like crap after doing it as well the Mrs moans when I try get in bed with out a shower and say I wish she was as dirty as me

Blowing that black s**t out of your nose for days. Pulling down old ceilings or wet dashing are the worst jobs in this game.

Moneys good though.

Alright chaps

ah the good old days :inocente:

Blowing that black s**t out of your nose for days. Pulling down old ceilings or wet dashing are the worst jobs in this game.

Moneys good though.
It's one of my worse jobs if I can over board I will but sometimes it's a case f no choice have known people to leave lathes up as well I have done myself at times just a bit more straightening out once boards are up,I don't mind the other aspects of our game and find a lot of it comes second nature when you enjoy it but no matter how many ceilings I've pulled down I still hate it

deciding whether to have yogurt or nuts at 10 o'clock break :inocente::inocente::lol:
Thing is I don't even eat my lunch when I do that work cos I just wanna get it done I'm old school like that flask and pack lunch everyday not a cafe man at all

worked at a farm a few years back, had to rip a ceiling down- above in the attic they used to store corn, down came corn bird skeletons and rats skeletons a two hundred years of s**t

I got asked to do a shed base once and bloke insisted it went down at least 3ft and then hardcore I refused because I cannot stand digging by hand as well although didn't mind being on the screed pump,once in swing of it days fly by @keithuk might know the screeder I did it for bloke called Bob brown

Went to look at a job last night and the customer was a surveyor, his work involved listed buildings, after a short chat he said to me about pulling down ceilings in these old places and to be very very carefully as the have had some tested and some of the ceilings contain anthrax spores and it was worse than asbestos, as I say these were listed buildings

Went to look at a job last night and the customer was a surveyor, his work involved listed buildings, after a short chat he said to me about pulling down ceilings in these old places and to be very very carefully as the have had some tested and some of the ceilings contain anthrax spores and it was worse than asbestos, as I say these were listed buildings

how long did you hold your breath for?

I ripped some ceilings down a few years back on a job as I was working away in the fog of dust I heard dunk dunk anyway went to get some fresh air let the dust settle went back in to start clean up and I kid you not there was two boat propellers one stuck in the floor boards they had been in loft ! Woman said I don't want them do you so I took them and got 80 bunce from the tat yard for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ripped some ceilings down a few years back on a job as I was working away in the fog of dust I heard dunk dunk anyway went to get some fresh air let the dust settle went back in to start clean up and I kid you not there was two boat propellers one stuck in the floor boards they had been in loft ! Woman said I don't want them do you so I took them and got 80 bunce from the tat yard for them!

I never get that normally just people moaning about the dust

Result :)

I like it when all the old copper falls out :D had some right results with that :D

Won't rip them don't anymore.. We just counter baton with 3x2, use long screws with washers on to get a good puchase then drive them in with the impact drill....

Reactions: Pug
I had to rip out a lathe turn under a staircase last week and mesh and bond it back in. If anyone can suggest another way of sorting one of these i'm all ears. It's the only way!

Last edited:
or the ones with a toilet the lull you into a false sense of security,only when you go to wipe your butt you realize there is no bog roll (nightmare on domestics)

Status
Not open for further replies.