working on a jacobean house in cheshire

I always wondered that too. The explanation that was given to me was "it just f**k**g is alright?"
The old boy who taught me thought I asked too many questions!

image.jpeg
Those boards look like the old Gypklith didn't know they still made them

Cross hatch increases the surface area allowing for a uniform set plus any shrinkage cracks will follow the lines with no detrimental affects on adhesion of the scratch coat to the substrate, plus it look nice lol

Cross hatch increases the surface area allowing for a uniform set plus any shrinkage cracks will follow the lines with no detrimental affects on adhesion of the scratch coat to the substrate, plus it look nice lol
Sooooo y do people who do it on s and c get called gypo chancers

I so see nothing changes on here ! The property is listed and it was agreed with heritage that this is what they wanted, but hey everybody's entitled to a opinion I will post some more pics for you to criticize re wattle and daub, perhaps that's a 70's plastering system ??
Fair play Mr Stoke nice work mate

Tell you what you have really pissed me off, what mix did you use ? How thick ? Hydraulic or none hydraulic ? What pozzlalns did you use ? What catalyst did you use for the set? As a rule of thumb tell me how you knew it was dry enough for the lime putty ? As Rule of thumb how could you tell if it was to wet? How many linear meters of lath per m2 do you allow for lath and plaster ? Let's see how much you actually think you know my friend ? Tell me how you work out the amount of backing coat required for 200m2 at 20mm thick on riven lath ?its very easy to criticize, but let's see what you actually know,so don't piss about just answer what I have asked you.
I posted the pics for people who are interested in lime plastering not some body who is retired and can bearly remember lime plastering!!!! We use lime on a daily basis, let's see what you know

Its shite and
"you know nothing john straw"

hi stoke plasterer i have been doing the same work as this with same gear did you use the white mesh in your scratch coat as i have been and just wondered if you didnt use it how it came out?

hi stoke plasterer i have been doing the same work as this with same gear did you use the white mesh in your scratch coat as i have been and just wondered if you didnt use it how it came out?
Hi, lime plasterer no we didn't use the mesh and it came out fine,client is chuffed , it was all over 15mm thick and we gave it plenty of time between coats. We always use the mesh on external render though.
We have also done a lot of lime hemp on wood woolboards with no, mesh no cracking looked great, we try and keep it as close to traditional as we can, that said we always stick to the specification.
If we are plastering on fibre board mesh is a must, if we are plastering on lath we never use it.
As for walls we use EML on timber lintels

I thought it was a bit much too ceilings were 50ft up and volted in between beams which went from a foot wide down to 3 inchs in places. So cutting in the mesh on the piss just added to the headache but customer and the welsh lot insisted!!!

I thought it was a bit much too ceilings were 50ft up and volted in between beams which went from a foot wide down to 3 inchs in places. So cutting in the mesh on the piss just added to the headache but customer and the welsh lot insisted!!!
Yes you stick your neck out if you advise on specification, it's always best to do as asked. There again I had a job in the other day to price and it said " haired gypsum rough coat" ffs lol
That time I did say something.