Work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

Had a job cancel this week, and been at home all week, not had one phone call for work, and can't imagine me getting any next week being so close to xmas.......Crap....Not evan had a job come through on rated people which is unusual....Bad times

Looks like it could be a quite xmas....

You lads busy?

keeping going mate, tend to have a couple of weeks ahead of me all the time. starting to get a few jobs in for jan now so im chuffed to bits. just lucky i guess

Yeah I had 2 jobs cancelled this month, but managed to keep
going, something always seems to come up.
Got full week next week then that'll do me for this year.
2 weeks off:RpS_thumbup:
Then got 3weeks in jan booked & 3weeks in feb & 2weeks sometime in march so far.

youll be lucky if you just do domestic, cos as you said nobody will want you in there house week before christmas.

snowed under at the moment but we finish next friday for two weeks so ill be looking forward to a rest just doing bits over the time off,bookwork bit of estimating etc.
just enjoy the rest if you can, make the most of it.
what i use to find is people sit about over christmas and look at jobs that need doing at there house ie plastering so we used to get quite a few calls at start of year.

You'd be amazed how many people do want you in their house late December.
If their having work done they'll want everything done for Xmas so it's usually a mad rush to get it done.

Usually bathroom/kitchen work comes in about now "Can you do it before Christmas" is the usual cry. Why do they leave it to the last minute???

i have been trying to stick to the domestic side of things, was suppose to be starting on site monday just gone, float and set on a residental home, all bedrooms, one after another.....But can't get hold of the bloke now, and will strugle to get a payment in now before xmas.....

Looks like i might have to phone my mate to give him a hand fencing next week, better than nothing.....Can't wait to do fencing in this weather though.....lol

got 2 days next week but not started advertising yet, looking bleak before x mas unless a big job comes in:RpS_unsure:

im workin right through xmas only got xmas day and boxing day then back at work untill about mid jan then off away for 10 days. Had to put work off so all the people wanting it done before xmas can

Plastering wise Im really quiet, missed out on a big un price wise but have 2 more half promises.

Doing some brickwork with a mate and fitting a kitchen for my sister so thats keeping me going.

I only do domestic and it allways goes to s**t at this time of year :(

Just got friends & family work at the moment.
Phone hasn't rung for a bit now, must be time of year like everyone says.
Should pick up in January fingers crossed.

Im doing a bathroom at the moment. Its beyond me why people leave it so late...I tend to charge more this time of year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.