Work not great at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
absoloutley bang on mate!!!....like ive said on here many a times plumbers/sparks/joiners turn up later have breaks finish earlier...

never here them flobbing there nobs over who fits a boiler or fuse board etc faster....

plasterers are the biggest cocks in building trade...even painters get same money for easier work these days

But plastering is a work of art, fitting a fuse board isnt

This is on board work too. I'm probably worrying about nothing, its just I've never did a hit this big before or seen anyone do it so thought it was big. Are these gauges the norm over there?

right first things first...are you being paid on price or day rate?

if day rate tell them to bollox and do it on your terms over 2 days if that's what your comfy with!!! or next time it will be x2 50m rooms and so on for the same money...

if on price do what you like...but remember this if your going to struggle then put on what your comfy with as your work will be shite and your reputation wil suffer..

imo its always better to break your work into small little easy gauges and roll 4 over a day than 2 that you cant control...

and I don't care what anyone says decent boardwork only needs either 2 coats out of same mix or...

fill out your beads and joints and 1 heavy coat with thicker gear then 3 trowels tops...

Hope I don't have one of them days tomorrow because I've 2x 35msq rooms to skim in my own in 2 hits. Got a phone call few hours ago and was asked could I do it and said f**k it, I'll try it any way. I don't know if others could do a hit like this but I know something, I've never done it.
@scottie is your boy for advice on big hits, 2 35m gauges should be pretty manageable with your Speedskim, even easier if you went with Speedscam

if day rate tell them to bollox and do it on your terms over 2 days if that's what your comfy with!!! or next time it will be x2 50m rooms and so on for the same money...

if on price do what you like...but remember this if your going to struggle then put on what your comfy with as your work will be shite and your reputation wil suffer..

imo its always better to break your work into small little easy gauges and roll 4 over a day than 2 that you cant control...

and I don't care what anyone says decent boardwork only needs either 2 coats out of same mix or...

fill out your beads and joints and 1 heavy coat with thicker gear then 3 trowels tops...

Its on a price but has to be done tomorrow or he's fcuked, that's why he's paying double. I can't take my time and do it over the wknd so only sat to do it.

What ya mean 2 coats out of same mix?

Coming to think of it, its not all board, some walls are skimmed so I'll be skimming over them again after pva'ing them.

@scottie is your boy for advice on big hits, 2 35m gauges should be pretty manageable with your Speedskim, even easier if you went with Speedscam

The rooms are 4msq x2.5 high with door and small window. I honestly think you ghirls are winding me up tee fcuk here because haven't seen a plasterer yet do a room this size in one hit. They've always done it in 2

@hail hail...

tbh mate I think given your own genuine concerns and doubts over this job you are setting your self up for a fall...

only you know your own capabilities and whilst we can sumerise on the job we haven't seen it and as we all know being advised m2 doesn't tell us about the factors that can slow skimming down..

ie height of walls...
angles...
recesses...
reveals...
substrates...
acess to water, powder and so on...

have you to bead it up and scrim it???

whats the builders board work like bla bla

could take 2/3 hrs getting it all ready to start skimming by which time your chasing your tail...

not to mention loosing light now by 3pm...

walk away son and live to fight another day!!!

The rooms are 4msq x2.5 high with door and small window. I honestly think you ghirls are winding me up tee fcuk here because haven't seen a plasterer yet do a room this size in one hit. They've always done it in 2
Theres loads of them doing it, some would even throw the other room on as well the same time, but they a 2+1.

This place makes me laugh some times...... If you use a sponge float you are a bodger and in the same breath people claim that laying it in with the same mix is a 2nd coat.......... nothing wrong with this if you can get the finish but it is never a second coat in the memory of man if the 1st coat is piss wet....and try to say leaving it 10 mins to pick up.....

I would usually just hit the 2 opposites which would be 10ish sq mtrs on both sides then hit the other 2 sides with window\door on next hit. Its what most people I know do. Have yet to see anyone take a whole room like that on in 1 hit so I think you might be telling porkies ;)
What you've never seen anyone skim a whole room,like 4 walls.?
This forum is getting ridiculous

This place makes me laugh some times...... If you use a sponge float you are a bodger and in the same breath people claim that laying it in with the same mix is a 2nd coat.......... nothing wrong with this if you can get the finish but it is never a second coat in the memory of man if the 1st coat is piss wet....and try to say leaving it 10 mins to pick up.....

I throw 1st coat on then 2nd as soon as I've finished what ever it is I've to skim, no waiting about even if its a small wall. Its what everyone does

if aimed at me mate I said nothing wrong with using a sponge if you know how to use 1...

likewise on decent boardwork nothing wrong with laying down with same mix if you knock it up wet to start with...

likewise i have no problem with dubbing out beads and joint and then followed by 1 heavy coat...

no need to always apply a fresh 2nd on board or on many other substrates...

likewise we will use a mix of finish/bonding to level up on a lot of reskim works before a fresh 2nd...

you don't have to be a martyr pal just do what ever is required for each given scenario...

Life is how we see it and negative thoughts will often create just that, maybe lot on your mind?thats not helping. Generally its our own thoughts that drag us down , but remember they are just thoughts and we can change them quick as a thought :sisi:
Like stubbing toe getting out of bed and deciding its gonna be s**t day , drive off someone cuts you up. Drive after like nutjob have accident, late for job damaged motor unhappy customer . Get home no milk go out get some dinners burnt row with wife. All just stuff brought about by thought pattern , sometimes have to listen to the( mind chatter) thought process see how insane it is and where it constantly tries to take you.
View attachment 7855
brilliant. i try to think like that as well. classis nlp . one of my tony robbins tapes has a similar theme. the challenge is to go one week without a negative feeling. its nearly impossible. but if you can even realise when youve failed it helps you break the habit.

love this scene from taxi driver. cracks me up. hes trying to give travis some advice when hes feeling down. about 1.20 in

i dont even know what the fcuk youre talking about:ROFLMAO:

is that nisus :confused:

image-jpeg.7855

Status
Not open for further replies.