• very

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not very

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

platinum

basically massive wall to do about 12ft in height will drywall adhesive hold a full strip of 2400mm plasterboard o
onto a wall or will it just slide down??????? and if it will just slide what do you do??????? ive done it before plasterboarding that is, but any 2400 pieces have always been supported by little pieces of wood just on the floor
and if ive ever had pieces of board bove floor height they have always been small light weight pieces.... any info would be great....... thanks pro's ;D

p.s whats the drying time for drywall adhesive???

Yeah it'll be fine, put 2 bits of board off cut under it, one under each corner. You should always ensure dot n dabbed boards are off the floor it prevents damp rising in the board also when off the floor it is easier to square up . Dab usually takes about 90mins to go off but a bit of dirty water or old gear can dramatically increase this!

drywall adhesive is very strong when set but the surface your dabbing to must have a key and must be dust free for it to adhere.

Ok so you have a big wall to do so start at the bottom and dab across then your next row of boards will be supported by the row below.If unsure I usually bang a few 6" nails through the board to help hold it in place then remove later.
Dab takes about 2.5 hours to set hard.
I would use taper edge board to help over come any boards that arnt quite flat to one another which can quite easily happen when dabbing a large area.

Good luck
Dont get stressed out
Take up smoking it will help matters

Rich B

tip - buy a 3 metre box section straight edge for this job..

richard ....i only smoke ganga...and that aint gonna help me speed plastering lol...it would calm me down tho lol

richardbrown said:
Dont get stressed out
Take up smoking it will help matters

Rich B
doesnt help me much.. im full of the flu and it just wont go away..

Status
Not open for further replies.