why oh why

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

Did i become a plasterer. Anyone else in the same dusty deppresive cycle of being skint driving a **** van n sweating there tits off for pennies if they cn find the work? Thinkin about maybe workin in aldi there on better rates. Is it gettin better or not honestly because if not i live near some big cliffs and i dont want to waste any more time

[video=youtube_share;aVyrtzYklB0]http://youtu.be/aVyrtzYklB0[/video]

Chin up bud, things could always be worse. Have thought about diversifying your business or try and increase your work flow?

Oh yeah and my girlfriend makes double more or less literally than i do. Great some of you may say but when u cant sleep at night for fears shes pipeing her gaffa things dont seem so peachy

Oh yeah and my girlfriend makes double more or less literally than i do. Great some of you may say but when u cant sleep at night for fears shes pipeing her gaffa things dont seem so peachy

Listen to Oli mate, he's a wizard when it come to generating leads..

He gave an insight to what he did originally to drum up new business in a new area after moving, a hell of a lot of it made great sense..

Keep her wanting buddy ;)

What type of work you lookin for? Site(sub contract or contract), domestic, both.
What area you targeting?
I have some great ways of generating work let me know your targets

Did i become a plasterer. Anyone else in the same dusty deppresive cycle of being skint driving a **** van n sweating there tits off for pennies if they cn find the work? Thinkin about maybe workin in aldi there on better rates. Is it gettin better or not honestly because if not i live near some big cliffs and i dont want to waste any more time

Its how the trade has gone over the years , not many are clever enough to see how working for low rates will change nothing , also skimming is a semi skilled job learned in weeks , plasterers are 10 a penny , good ones, bad or whatever , and to my mind that dont make for a good profession .

I think adding a new skill to your bow adds income streams.. Been learning tiling last two yrs alongside a mate who has 22 yrs exp.. Easier on the body. Tools are reasonably cheap and It's easier in the body.. People don't haggle on rates I find as much as plastering as they see it as higher skill although I don't agree with that last comment

Then you can plaster say a bathroom and then quote the tiling

Double ye income from the job

It's also area dependant ,lots are earning 40/50k a year which is good money, I had a loft to start today £800 ,2 days for 2 men but sadly it wasn't ready but that part of our game, no one waits and nothing is ready so I prefer day works at my , ps where are you based.

[video=youtube_share;aVyrtzYklB0]http://youtu.be/aVyrtzYklB0[/video]

Chin up bud, things could always be worse. Have thought about diversifying your business or try and increase your work flow?

yes he could actually be working in aldi

you get used to knocks/false promises and try and have a back up plan , only loyalty is to yourself as been self employed, grind it out and hopefully it will come good for you, good luck in your quest and keep your chin up:RpS_cool:

It's a funny old game your either flying high or rock bottom keep positive it has picked up times have been a lot worse chin up!

not going to get better at all marc, times are changing,trade is not what it was and never will be again, the good times have gone, and next year intrest rates are going up can only get worse

not going to get better at all marc, times are changing,trade is not what it was and never will be again, the good times have gone, and next year intrest rates are going up can only get worse

good to see you are as positive as ever hector, im suprised you have not strung yourself up yet lol

Don't try and change the wind. Change your sail...

Do something big and positive to change your situation

not quite gps , just offering some realistic advice ,
Not really realistic advice we live in a ever growing society there's always gonna be a market for us as long as were still building and expanding to cater for people and also I think people are more house proud than ever so they want to update there property's it will come good again I recon

Not really realistic advice we live in a ever growing society there's always gonna be a market for us as long as were still building and expanding to cater for people and also I think people are more house proud than ever so they want to update there property's it will come good again I recon

to a certain point you are quite right smoother, but I think a lot of comes down to which part of the country we live, I met a plasterer in Helmsley near York this year , and he was booked up for next 7 months, but big cities are nearby leeds/hull/York etc and this can all make a difference in our point of view , likewise plasterers in London/cornwall/devon etc I could imagine to be very busy

to a certain point you are quite right smoother, but I think a lot of comes down to which part of the country we live, I met a plasterer in Helmsley near York this year , and he was booked up for next 7 months, but big cities are nearby leeds/hull/York etc and this can all make a difference in our point of view , likewise plasterers in London/cornwall/devon etc I could imagine to be very busy
Yeah I agree it is down to area I've been lucky enough to work all over country I'm busy my way but having lived in devon especially I know there a ever building market down that way that's one of reasons I'm heading back down there :RpS_thumbup:

Yeah I agree it is down to area I've been lucky enough to work all over country I'm busy my way but having lived in devon especially I know there a ever building market down that way that's one of reasons I'm heading back down there :RpS_thumbup:

good for you smoother, I like it down there

everyone gors thru bad times pal, just keep going, coursers and people who work for low rates fuk our game up, but that will never change.. do a good job and work will come in over time allowing you to build a customer base and recommendations.. I agree with whats been said about builders, dont drop everything to please them, as they will drop you like a ton of shite if they get someone cheaper... keep at it, unless your totally fuked off, then maybe retrain ?

:RpS_unsure:

Get it fuucking skimmed.....head down arse up.
You will always have money !!!!
Drive around local sites get more contacts and get it fuucking skimmed again.
good luck . (wish my misses earned !!)

People keep banging on about people working for **** rates get ******* real for some thats all there is some of you live in cloud ******* cukcoo land

Rates are rates......ive made better money on lower rates on decent houses with a good run..
Rather than good rates on shiite slow jobs.

I agree mate so what do you do go to a new site get offered 2.75 m2 and go no then go home missus goes what you doing home you say they were only paying 2.75 so i thought i would be better off watching **** on telly

Its how the trade has gone over the years , not many are clever enough to see how working for low rates will change nothing , also skimming is a semi skilled job learned in weeks , plasterers are 10 a penny , good ones, bad or whatever , and to my mind that dont make for a good profession .
so whats the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.