Why did clout nails go ?

Members online

Serious though there must be one of you lot that can remember what year roughly they kind of stopped being used by everyone tbh I'm thinking I gonna go back to using um don't see the point of forking out for one of these collated and I'm fed up with getting sharp black splinters in my left fingers and thumb.
You will soon get fed up of having a black thumb nail and going back to jobs to fix popped nail heads. Screws are far better as they pull the board to the joists rather than holding it in place like nails do.

As far as i can remember pb screws came out around the same time as self adhesive scrim as a more better way of plastering ceilings and partitions .

2002 for me mate I'm only young pup compared to you lot
Here endeth the lesson
download (5).jpg

Vince Why would you want to use nails lol is beyond me collated screw gun all day all long in my eyes it's a key part of your tool kit once you have used 1 you wont go back to thinking about nails or single screws you can pick 110v ones off flea bay for less than your bucket brush but I would pay the extra and get a hiltI

Vince Why would you want to use nails lol is beyond me collated screw gun all day all long in my eyes it's a key part of your tool kit once you have used 1 you wont go back to thinking about nails or single screws you can pick 110v ones off flea bay for less than your bucket brush but I would pay the extra and get a hiltI
Think I just hate boarding tbh it was getting on my tits yesterday lime dust crap up my nostrils battery got no charge all the time plus my impact driver is knackered then about 3pm yesterday was sitting on stairs s**t everywhere thinking f**k me I either gotta Fork out for new tools and I'm skint or should I just use clouts,

You leave my bucket alone too lol

Fcuk nails, I remember being 15 trying to board ceilings. holding the board with left hand getting a nail out pushing it in then missing with the hammer only for the nail to drop on the floor. By this time my arm is shaking and my dad is ready to punch me. it's pretty much the same now

Banging, banging, banging........that's why we stopped using nails! And anyway, screw guns make a nicer whizzing noise.....
Go collated @Vincey, your life will be better.

Serious though there must be one of you lot that can remember what year roughly they kind of stopped being used by everyone tbh I'm thinking I gonna go back to using um don't see the point of forking out for one of these collated and I'm fed up with getting sharp black splinters in my left fingers and thumb.

Go and overboard a bouncy old lath ceiling with some 2" galvanised clout nails ... then come back and tell us it was better back then.

If you go by the book ,our insurance insisted on if you were to use screws for boards they could be at 300 centres if you were to nail boards it had to be at 150 centres,so double nailing ,I'll stick to screws all the same much better job vincey.

If you go by the book ,our insurance insisted on if you were to use screws for boards they could be at 300 centres if you were to nail boards it had to be at 150 centres,so double nailing ,I'll stick to screws all the same much better job vincey.
Had a smart arsed agent come to me with a printed sheet, with text highlighted in yellow pen saying 150mm apart, the look on his face when I said "that's nails dickhead" lol