Why are quotes all over the shop?

come and skim with me
youd shiit your pants

Lol... I've never said I could keep up with a site monkey. I just do enough plastering to cover my renovations.

Skim it, paint it and put my hand out for the cash.

If you do it all day every day and you're a bit faster than me, then bully for you. I'm made up for you and stop sending me abusive texts.

Lol... I've never said I could keep up with a site monkey. I just do enough plastering to cover my renovations.

Skim it, paint it and put my hand out for the cash.

If you do it all day every day and you're a bit faster than me, then bully for you. I'm made up for you and stop sending me abusive texts.

love you steve mad cuunt

Attachments

• 20190930_132629.jpg
    20190930_132629.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 257
Wake up this morning and find that aliens have f**k*d my computer up and Obote's Men have trashed my flat while I was sleeping.

15698473054648660936099978630868.jpg

Wife had little en circling stuff in smyths catalogue other day. I said if that pen dont run out soon I.m gonna have to explain who f**k**g pays for it all.

Hoping to have all shopping done this week end. On fire this year.

Wife had little en circling stuff in smyths catalogue other day. I said if that pen dont run out soon I.m gonna have to explain who f**k**g pays for it all.

Hoping to have all shopping done this week end. On fire this year.

(y) (y)
cheers john you just reminded me...
I'd better pay my crack tab back this weekend (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Oh dear Mo, I didn't want to bother since you had got completely the wrong end of the stick on every single point of your long reply. You expect someone with a less stable income and no pension to work for less than yourself. You are reaping what you sow. I don't set my charge by what they earn, I set it based on what I want to earn.

You do not understand the specs market any better than you do construction or taxi's. Unfortunately I do know a bit about taxis. All taxi licences in each town are typically owned in the background by one guy, who will not pay even the going rate, there is no competition. More cars increases his costs but also his income if he pays less - in hard up areas unemployed deperate people are willing to work effectively illegally. That is exploitation not supply and demand.
I was staying in Dewsbury over last weekend, a town so low it's living on the bones of its arse, more full face hijabs than open. Only 2 pubs and two takeaways open at night, all shite, and I was staying in one and eating the worst curry I've ever had in my life. Asian guys there were obviously willing to take anything they could get, driving in Leeds? No problem, borrow my licence and give me a cut.
You've spent loads of money on a brick shed - to me you were clearly hoping to use it as a illegal rental and storage of matresses. I saw the net curtains on the old one, very nice....just like Slough.
Out.

Hello ladies (and gents)

Apologies for not checking back in sooner, been away. Got back last night and guess what!!?....a couple of plasterers I'd given the go ahead to turned up this morning!! (The "substitute" from before just didn't inspire confidence when he started going on like..."I'll have this done in 2 days mate..")

Anyway got some energy these dudes. And they're not spring chickens either. Look about late 50s and bicker like an old married couple.

So anyway, they work on day rates. I'm no longer using the insulation in the roof cos I just can't be arsed anymore. It'll be fine for an uninhabited brick shed...lol.

They'll be back tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG-20191018-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20191018-WA0004.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG-20191018-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20191018-WA0005.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG-20191018-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20191018-WA0003.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG-20191018-WA0002__01.jpg
    IMG-20191018-WA0002__01.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Hello ladies (and gents)

Apologies for not checking back in sooner, been away. Got back last night and guess what!!?....a couple of plasterers I'd given the go ahead to turned up!! (The "substitute" from before just didn't inspire confidence when he started going on like..."I'll have this done in 2 days mate..")

Anyway got some energy these dudes. And they're not spring chickens either. Look about late 50s and bicker like an old married couple.

So anyway, they work on day rates. I'm no longer using the insulation in the roof cos I just can't be arsed anymore. It'll be fine for an uninhabited brick shed...lol.

Looks ok

Hello ladies (and gents)

Apologies for not checking back in sooner, been away. Got back last night and guess what!!?....a couple of plasterers I'd given the go ahead to turned up this morning!! (The "substitute" from before just didn't inspire confidence when he started going on like..."I'll have this done in 2 days mate..")

Any membrane or foil behind boards , lol

Any membrane or foil behind boards , lol

Tbh, yes, the risk of condensation & rot on the cold faces of the rafters did bother me and if it was gonna be inhabited all the time it i'd definitely get the foil backed pb.

But how long will it take before the condensation starts to cause rot in the rafters in this situation?

We talked about trades avoiding Pakistanis and they said we only give one price- if anyone tries to knock us down we walk away " I mean, if I reduced my price by £200 all it would say is that I was overpriced by £200 in the first place" and they said their solution to being short-changed or unpaid is simply to rip the boards back down which I actually thought was fair enough!

They work for £110 a day which we all agreed was dirt cheap, but he says they struggle for work if they try raising prices. And it's a 7.30am - 4pm shift too. They're from Leeds.

Tbh, yes, the risk of condensation & rot on the cold faces of the rafters did bother me and if it was gonna be inhabited all the time it i'd definitely get the foil backed pb.

But how long will it take before the condensation starts to cause rot in the rafters in this situation?

We talked about trades avoiding Pakistanis and they said we only give one price- if anyone tries to knock us down we walk away " I mean, if I reduced my price by £200 all it would say is that I was overpriced by £200 in the first place" and they said their solution to being short-changed or unpaid is simply to rip the boards back down which I actually thought was fair enough!

They work for £110 a day which we all agreed was dirt cheap, but he says they struggle for work if they try raising prices. And it's a 7.30am - 4pm shift too. They're from Leeds.
£110 lol , do you get a lot of cash in optics ,

£110 a day!! FFS!!!!
NO self respecting tradesman would work for that!!!

£110 a day!! FFS!!!!
NO self respecting tradesman would work for that!!!

Yeah I don't get it either, I mean it's low, but they come highly recommended (for the quality of their work) and they've always been professional in their conduct - appointments, punctuality, advice on how to go about it. Want bank transfer only at end of job. I dunno man... Its not like he's doing it mates rates either. Anyway, he's getting 4 days pay even if it's done in 3 cos that's what he quoted me initially.

Anyway, I've got a question- is there a need to use pva or sbr on this job?? No, right? But the previous guy had me buy some.

Yeah I don't get it either, I mean it's low, but they come highly recommended (for the quality of their work) and they've always been professional in their conduct - appointments, punctuality, advice on how to go about it. Want bank transfer only at end of job. I dunno man... Its not like he's doing it mates rates either. Anyway, he's getting 4 days pay even if it's done in 3 cos that's what he quoted me initially.

Anyway, I've got a question- is there a need to use pva or sbr on this job?? No, right? But the previous guy had me buy some.
probably got a drink problem.

£110 buys you £110 worth usually , its a garage lol , as usual the customer spend more on a TV than the walls to hang it on , that's OK , its a garage , but poor quality work usually involves bad practice , crackin n saggin n mouldin

£110 buys you £110 worth usually , its a garage lol , as usual the customer spend more on a TV than the walls to hang it on , that's OK , its a garage , but poor quality work usually involves bad practice , crackin n saggin n mouldin
i think continental Europe have the right idea, let the walls look rough and drink wine and enjoy family and friends, fook the smart house with smooth walls and nice crisp paint work .
it adds nothing, zilch, zero to quality of life.

i think continental Europe have the right idea, let the walls look rough and drink wine and enjoy family and friends, fook the smart house with smooth walls and nice crisp paint work .
it adds nothing, zilch, zero to quality of life.
Agree totally , this garage would be perfectly OK and still look 10/10 in 30 years time ,,, not the same for technically flawed dry lining

Yes pva is needed!
The block work should have had a weak coat of pva before sticking the boards.
You’re paying for what you’re getting!