Why are quotes all over the shop?

£200 a week for me, mostly the vehicle but then there is the accountant, plant and other equipment, health and safety equipment and clothing, insurances like public liability and employers liability. This is per average working week so to cover the weeks when you are on holiday, sick days, bank holidays, snowed and rained off (Rendering jobs mostly). When you are on your annual holidays the vehicle is still depreciating, insurance and road tax, advertising, insurances and accountant still needs paying. So £40 a day in overheads. Most tradesmen don’t know the true breakdown of their own overheads and fail to tally the value of their overheads on the profit and loss sheet even though it is clearly wrote down.

Labour is the same as above, a daily working wage plus extra to cover for the non working days just like you have to with a employee, they get paid holiday pay and sick pay plus training days. Also an allowance to cover for your pension contributions just like employees have given them by law.

Wowsers! Over £10k annually before you've even landed your first job! Do u have two vehicles then- a van and a car? And if the missus has one then that's 3 on the drive each night?

S
School boy error . Get loads of socks from sports direct she wont check em all

Mate during the boom convinced his wife he made £350 a week as a bricklayer. Put the rest in the steering column of his van.

Sneaky f**k*r, he used to keep beer cans in the garden then on nights she worked late, he'd run off the pub and put the cans all round his chair before he went to bed. Wife thought he was blammered on Tesco's lager.

Wowsers! Over £10k annually before you've even landed your first job! Do u have two vehicles then- a van and a car? And if the missus has one then that's 3 on the drive each night?

No that just one work vehicle. I buy new and keep for 6 years. People only think of tax, insurance and fuel but there is depreciation and maintenance.

Insurance is or was £800 being a jap pick up then there is over a grand for the employers and public liability insurances. The Plastering machine costs in maintenance, web hosting it goes on and on.

If you are on £2100 net you re probably costing your emplyer £2900 + a month to employ.

Ok so not vat registered and he also doesn’t pay any taxes be the sound of things!
Hmmm, He might have to have a morning off one day then to get down the job centre and sign on! All the best mate!

It's it necessary to be vat regd?

Why could he not just be a sole trader?

Also if youyr Vat regd do you then reclaim vat on materials, but add vat onto labour? What's the net effect??

Also if youyr Vat regd do you then reclaim vat on materials, but add vat onto labour? What's the net effect??
Will you get an invoice? How has he asked to be payed?

Mate during the boom convinced his wife he made £350 a week as a bricklayer. Put the rest in the steering column of his van.

Sneaky f**k*r, he used to keep beer cans in the garden then on nights she worked late, he'd run off the pub and put the cans all round his chair before he went to bed. Wife thought he was blammered on Tesco's lager.

no wonder I'm skint mate

20190920_163109.jpg

He.ll never be vat registered on 450 a week

Love my customers, might start sending em Christmas cards.

View attachment 39902
I'm employed.

I make £2100 clear a month after tax, student loan repayments, compulsory pension deductions.

I then have to pay for my car and associated expenses so I can get to and from work- sadly it's not tax deductible since I work at a single place of work.

Always thought your trade was good doe. £2100 a week? I wouldn’t get me boots out van for that. Need to hit at least 3k a week really.