Whos currently working???

I’m domestic work I usually have a 10 week but at moment 5 weeks work booked in and I’m not cheap , I am sitting this out I’ve told all customers that I’m pausing work and 98% are respecting that I have a elderly dad and I don’t want to kill him although at times I have, but if they don’t like it tough s**t

If we sit it out we will be fine after all we are the best most skilled trade let’s not put our prices down because some dick does a 5 day plastering course and thinks he is a plasterer and charges £150 all in we are worth more than that double and some,

The general public are pretty much getting paid for sitting at home the money is there don’t panic enjoy the break it’s going to get worse for a bit but work will be there when it gets back to some normality
The new normal will be different to the old normal.

I know a guy, joiner builder said his 3 year average is£100,000 he does not qualify for scheme says he is working on as he is only worker on a private build.has a unmarked van.his decision.he said i dont get paid so its essential.
Now here is something if you qualify for scheme i guess you should not be working .unless someone knows different.
But where i live in a local newspaper it quotes the people of the area will not forget who worked through this if they are not essential jobs.so even if you had a domestic job in a empty property you run the risk of being named and shamed or bad feedback down the line if you have a sign writing on your vehicle.

If his average is about 2 grand a week I would have thought he would have tucked a bit away for down time.
Government have said you can continue to work AND claim grant if it is safe to do so. It is to help you through if you have less work due to virus. You will be taxed on it and it will be classed as income if you receive tax credits.
This period will show you peoples true colours without the masks I am already seeing it out and about both good and bad.

If his average is about 2 grand a week I would have thought he would have tucked a bit away for down time.
Government have said you can continue to work AND claim grant if it is safe to do so. It is to help you through if you have less work due to virus. You will be taxed on it and it will be classed as income if you receive tax credits.
This period will show you peoples true colours without the masks I am already seeing it out and about both good and bad.
He has a lot tucked away.

Thing is we're allowed to work. It's government guidelines currently that if you can't work from home then you're doing nothing wrong in working.
Although it is clearly not bright if you're working in people's houses with their potential germs all over the house. Again though you'd be doing nothing wrong in terms of guidelines from being there.

If your builder mate is topping 100k profit a year, and he hasn't got a few months money set aside for a rainy day then he's doing something wrong surely
Exactly right, I have a feeling the joiner is earning about 30k a year and has made a mistake working out?

People are ringing police to say their neighbours exercised twice instead of once , there’s an old Italian (Sicilian ) phrase that says I’ll take my chance with God rather than starve to death on earth .
no .., im
Not expecting that people will starve in the main , a few will as people were going hungry before , robbing will increase , civil unrest very possible , lots will die from the virus ,

I don’t think a few people working is going to be the main crime , I’m still working on my own place , footings being dug Monday , concrete being poured Tuesday,
So many companies still going , you have to be safe , not being close , wearing masks etc .washing hands ,
It’s all outside work ,
The ones wearing the masks are the ones to watch out for, I see the masks slipping.

I was thinking about cleaning all me tools like everything with a fine tooth comb! But then I thought f**k that! Not putting work clothing on and routing around in the back of the van it’s like a corona hotspot in back of there! Still not as bad as back of @John j van though :burlas:
Love the new grim reaper look.:ROFLMAO:

Exactly right, I have a feeling the joiner is earning about 30k a year and has made a mistake working out?
Yes if he's self employed he's probably got turnover and profit mistaken. Or he's chucking money on every trade and is extremely well organised and us genuinely making a killing. If it's the latter he must have alot of money in the bank

I.m out by looks of it. Cant see me doing owt in next two months. 6 or 7 bags of finish in van as well . Best check date on em

Yes if he's self employed he's probably got turnover and profit mistaken. Or he's chucking money on every trade and is extremely well organised and us genuinely making a killing. If it's the latter he must have alot of money in the bank
No his net profit is £100000 plus,has 3 self employed guys working for him so he's taking a cut out of what they do.

The only lads I know out still grafting are the lads who have been flying under the radar for the past few years.

The only lads I know out still grafting are the lads who have been flying under the radar for the past few years.
Can’t get my head round it,
and I know some say youve a chance of contracting it from the supermarket etc the difference some have to go to the supermarket to eat to survive in effect, you don’t have to go to work, it’s reducing your odds isn’t it.

and I know some say youve a chance of contracting it from the supermarket etc the difference some have to go to the supermarket to eat to survive in effect, you don’t have to go to work, it’s reducing your odds isn’t it.
The supermarket is the place I stay away from smaller outlets much safer IMO

Sat at home.
So far had 2 emergency plumbing jobs message me. Leaks etc ...although I cud do em I wont and the wife would kill me lol as we have 3 kids. Also not going to screwfix to stand outside and join the click and collect queue

Sat at home.
So far had 2 emergency plumbing jobs message me. Leaks etc ...although I cud do em I wont and the wife would kill me lol as we have 3 kids. Also not going to screwfix to stand outside and join the click and collect queue
I’ve got to go out tomorrow, to check on the security on a couple of sites plus check the scaffold as it was quite windy last night . My Mrs has been rowing with me this morning with it saying I shouldn’t go, baring in mind the sites are empty and I’ll spend the majority of my time in the van. My counter argument is if something blows off and causes damage etc they could sue the arse of me...she soon piped down.

Thinking about getting the boy to get me a few rabbits
15854843748311368451730965902674.jpg

Exactly. Some people just don't have the sense to realise it's all about minimising the risk