Who negotiates??.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always haggle but never get haggled....

but.... they way myself and jane do things is like this... in fact we do most things like this...

When we were travelling ans we say went to Australia zoo... before we would get there we would ask how much each is will to pay to get in... we both set a figure split the difference and then if it was more we would walk away/haggle or if it was less we would go in.. some things we said price didnt matter and do it regardless....

This also happened on our renovation project set prices and budgets and stuck to them... the painting was a crock of s**t but thats another story... we got our kitchen at a price we were happy with did deals on timber and bathroom stuff...

Use to send jane in to travis and tell her not to leave until the price came in budget :D
U just confirmed she wears the trousers

I always haggle but never get haggled....

but.... they way myself and jane do things is like this... in fact we do most things like this...

When we were travelling ans we say went to Australia zoo... before we would get there we would ask how much each is will to pay to get in... we both set a figure split the difference and then if it was more we would walk away/haggle or if it was less we would go in.. some things we said price didnt matter and do it regardless....

This also happened on our renovation project set prices and budgets and stuck to them... the painting was a crock of s**t but thats another story... we got our kitchen at a price we were happy with did deals on timber and bathroom stuff...

Use to send jane in to travis and tell her not to leave until the price came in budget :D
Ur quibbling over the price of getting into a zoo , tight bast ards , that's y u ended up wiv a dodgy painter :D

we were backpacking for a year.... so yes :D

Think about it.... We're here saying we will haggle but not be haggled..... That's the mentality of most so regardless if the price is the price then people will still try it.

We all say about people can afford nice cars expensive TVs etc etc but can't pay for a decent spread etc it's because we all think the same!!

Yea but no point travelling if ur frightened to spend 20quid to get into a zoo

with backpacking you cant do everything... so you do just enough to sample :) what you leave the UK with is all you have and you want to be out for the full time.... drinking £3 boxes of wine and living off pasta so that you can go to the Whitsunday islands is what you do... its all about priorities :D

I
with backpacking you cant do everything... so you do just enough to sample :) what you leave the UK with is all you have and you want to be out for the full time.... drinking £3 boxes of wine and living off pasta so that you can go to the Whitsunday islands is what you do... its all about priorities :D

U can drink £3 bottles of wine and get pissed here, surly it's about sampling different cultures and seeing things,must be my age and It must be the victor Mildrew in me then :nocausagracia:

I

U can drink £3 bottles of wine and get pissed here, surly it's about sampling different cultures and seeing things,must be my age and It must be the victor Mildrew in me then :nocausagracia:

The way we do it seems to work well with us... "whats it worth" if we did everything we would be skint... thats the thing with backpacking you really do get into the culture and get a good feel for a country. Holidays that my parents get on are "nice" but you are only shown what the tourist board want you to see and they feel they are being cultural but they have no idea...

Best thing in the world backpacking :D Woul;d recommend it to anyone even though it nearly killed me I would someday do it all again

Got paid for living room....yesterday we agreed he would sort the inside of the fire place.
After finishing room loading van he asked why I never skimmed inside of fire place.
Could I stay and do it ( its now 6.15.).

No I cant ....it will blow off in the heat like agreed yesterday.
fuuuck me what a strop he pulled.
He came back 5 mins later and said what a fantastic job.
would I price his 2 bedrooms.

Inside I felt like ripping his head off.
"Yes no probs " I replied.
knowing full well I wont speak to the cuunt again.

looking forward to getting back on site tomorrow.
bollox to that domestic shhiittee !!!

[QUOTE="algeeman, post: 896879, member: 15768"
looking forward to getting back on site tomorrow.
bollox to that domestic shhiittee !!![/QUOTE]

site work is all about negotiation, a contracts manager will offer you a site of 100 properties if you will put a couple of hundred on the price for him. or will you supply and fix a house that he is building on the side for nowt.

I don't mind a haggle at all. I don't price to just get by so theres always a bit there to play with. If someone was to give all the spill about wanting my best price because of budgets or what not, and if the job appealed to me, then I would give them my best price, make that clear and the balls in their court.

Some people won't do a deal if they don't feel they are getting a deal, everyone gets a high out of a deal. You have to remember you are not just the plasterer but also the salesman.

A lot a people also price for wages not profit so have no room to haggle hence why people say no that's the price.
The profit margins some companies make is ridiculous but no one questions them as they see a price on the Internet/showroom and assumes that's what they have to pay.

:estudioso:

Haggling; present participle of verb, Haggle.

Definition; You want something you can't afford, but still try to buy it anyway. :whistle:

I don't do it when buying or hiring, and I don't drop my price when I'm selling or being hired.

Yeah!!!! Like bread man.
image.jpeg

We don't negotiate frackles If the customer starts on that we just heng up until he done know

Copper I did aload of work for rings me to price up his dining room .... gets there and he's going on how he's bought this and that and a new dog etc .... emails the quote and then get a reply saying I was hoping to pay x amount less (wasn't loads) ...

I kindly told him id pass on anymore work .... was a clown anyway ... always goin on about fightin like I was impressed / wary .... used to stand there thinking feel free pal and you'll be wearing a refina trowel

It felt good to tell him cheerio !!!

Adamd,make u right I've done a bit of work for coppers, one was as good as gold,the other was a sergeant thought he was tough start performing about the price after I'd done the job,the work was 1st class nearly had a tear up in is front room it got sorted,got my money then elvis left the building,loooool

Where I live they always try to haggle. Always ask them, when you're buying your holiday Rupees in the Bureau De Change do you ask for special price for value ?

Doesn't work though :muyenojado:

Status
Not open for further replies.