who makes the best trowel/s these days

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone use the old ragni trowels back in the day with the black handles, they were pretty good when broken in. Goldblatt were good too can't seem to get hold of them these days
I got my old broken in ragnis out not long ago, one black handle carbon, the other grey handle stainless, still great trowels.
Maybe biased because that's what I learnt on.

I got my old broken in ragnis out not long ago, one black handle carbon, the other grey handle stainless, still great trowels.
Maybe biased because that's what I learnt on.

I think its a case of they are all good if you know what you are doing :D

Used 14" MT Permashape for years with a wee Ragni stainless at times
Got a Nela s*p*r*lex not long ago and the adhesive came away - replaced it with a Refina s*p*r*lex 2
600 Speedskim I like for flattening if the area is big enough

Each to their own

Got a Nela s*p*r*lex not long ago and the adhesive came away - replaced it with a Refina s*p*r*lex 2

Each to their own
how do you find that refina 2 pal was lookin at them the other night

Each to their own

I lay on with a 13 MT or a 16 Mt its what i used forever and I am not likely to need to wear another in :D

I've never used a speedskim or Putz spat so can't comment.As regards trowels a good skimming trowel and a trowel for sand and cement that will eventually become a skimming trowel is all you need.
I have to say, this is the way I remember it too, but, that said I'm all for giving the speedskim a try, if it make the job quicker/easier in some way then it has to be a good thing right?! There are a lot of spreads out there who suffer from RSI

No u can't
There are people out there that do/are, isn't that why Speedskim brought out their pink range of stainless steel bladed range?

I can image that they'd be okay on something like Thistle Mag as this isn't troweled up to a polished finish...

I have to say, this is the way I remember it too, but, that said I'm all for giving the speedskim a try, if it make the job quicker/easier in some way then it has to be a good thing right?! There are a lot of spreads out there who suffer from RSI
That's true enough I've a Nela s*p*r*lex a good while now and it definetly makes the job easier but i have to say as regards good honest to God quality even though it's harder work I'll stick with my mt carbon steel trowel.Each to their own.

That's true enough I've a Nela s*p*r*lex a good while now and it definetly makes the job easier but i have to say as regards good honest to God quality even though it's harder work I'll stick with my mt carbon steel trowel.Each to their own.

I think it is good to go back to basics every once in a while... sometimes its refreshing :D

And you could use a shovel or a machine to get it on but you need a well worn in whatever you want to use to finish it then you get problems with cheap trowels like tyzacks and I can't see any flexible trowels lasting the distance so it's always marshalltown

Speedskim? What a load of cobblers! I've seen @Nisus use one and whilst there was plenty of skim about, I didn't see much in the way of speed. :LOL:

Have upset him?
I am sure some new member will come along with q and opinions about the speedskim now :LOL:

It's pretty hard to upset @Nisus to be fair. I guess he's developed a thick skin working for 'baddie builders'. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.