who makes the best trowel/s these days

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I put on with and laid in second coat with mt if on boards will do all my flattening and final trowel with blue plastic..as long as corners are bent back you will be fine.. around sockets or light cables use mt to quickly tidy round them but will get to final finish with blue blade

Ive been thinking of rounding the corners on mine cos it does leave lines, have you just bent yours slightly?

I would be really interested to see finishing with speedskim....like someone else said would have thought it had to much flex....i seen finishing with eze spat but that seems a bit stiffer.

I have not tried to finish with the speedskim, I only got the grey one which served me well getting it nice and flat, I only bought a little blue blade one a few weeks ago. If it gets it nice and flat then need a tickle with a trowel that makes me happy enuf

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I haven't read all posts but I've heard the rossiflex is the one to be beaten :numberone:
It's bespoke unlike any other trowel.
If you would like an independent review done I might just know a guy

Seeing as tho I made this thread to find a new trowel I decided to order a refina plastercraft with a cork handle

I did once when working with a mate.we both decided you don't need one as the walls are flat enough anyway

Fair enough if you've tried it and didn't like it. I'd say the main benefit for me was not just getting walls and ceilings flat but you get them under control much quick with a lot less effort

There's always room for improvement no matter how good u are why ldnt ldnt ldntulike ldntulike make it easier especially as ur getting on a bit:club:

Fair enough if you've tried it and didn't like it. I'd say the main benefit for me was not just getting walls and ceilings flat but you get them under control much quick with a lot less effort
If that's what you think fair enough.I don't think you do.We will have to agree to disagree

I suppose u don't use a mixer and u still knock up ur mix by hand lol
image.gif
image.jpeg

I have not tried to finish with the speedskim, I only got the grey one which served me well getting it nice and flat, I only bought a little blue blade one a few weeks ago. If it gets it nice and flat then need a tickle with a trowel that makes me happy enuf

I don't understand what the speed skim is all about.i bought one and thought it was s**t

How much do the speed skim weigh ? I've got a .EZE Spat 600mm and a 1 meter I was wondering what's the weight difference?

@theplasterman....so are you doing s set on a ceiling the whole way through the troweling stage with a blue blade???

I have a grey blade but only use for a quick flatten straight after putting on then just trowel ad normal!

Wow...that sounds great have you done a few like that or just that perfect plasterboard room you creamed the other day!
On boards I do it just keep trowel clean not to much pressure at the end .. Overskimming old s**t jobs 1st 2rd try for final if it needs it pull nela or Mt out..if I can get a video up in next few weeks I will if that helps...but think u should just try it u know what u doing

Speedskim does get it flatter at a much earlier stage, that much can't be argued.
Not using them or a spat of some sort on ceilings is just plain crazy.
And I only started with them 6months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.