Who cant get to work in the snow?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I walked to my job today, couldn't get the van out.

About a mile and a half, up a very steep hill, in 3 foot snowdrifts, with a rucksack full of tools on my back. I was fooked before I'd even started!

Back there tomorrow, but need some more materials to finish the job off. It's at a farmhouse, and the farmer has said if I can't get my van out he'll come pick me up in his tractor and take me to the local Wickes for materials!

It's like an ice rink outside our house cars sliding everywhere:-0
Nearly didn't go today, But it's ok once on the main roads.
I always a big bucket of rock salt/sand & a shovel in the van.
Just incase I get stuck on a job :RpS_thumbup:
like last year :rolleyes)

I walked to my job today, couldn't get the van out.

About a mile and a half, up a very steep hill, in 3 foot snowdrifts, with a rucksack full of tools on my back. I was fooked before I'd even started!

Back there tomorrow, but need some more materials to finish the job off. It's at a farmhouse, and the farmer has said if I can't get my van out he'll come pick me up in his tractor and take me to the local Wickes for materials!

Wickes in a tractor:RpS_biggrin:
Nice one.
What if you want a drive thru mc donalds after you've been to wickes:huh:

I went to crystal palace yesterday and just come straight back home the snow was bad and I didnt fancy getting stuck as the road was on a steep hill so ill try again on monday a long weekend for me

pointless even trying lads am up in north east never worked all week even if i got to work its to cold

Worked monday tuesday after that total white out. Its alright getting to main roads but if your jobs down a side street ,It's hell trying to park not going to dish my van

kevmc where abouts you from im from stanley took me nearly 3 hours to get to washington b&q

Well, he did come pick me up this morning, but in a Land Rover not a tractor. Was looking forward to it too

The Land Rover was impressive though, it was sailing through snow drifts without any bother

I have no problem getting too work and back in my company chopper but landing outside the off licence on the way home is a bit of a pain

i've had the last couple of days off due to snow, but thats my workmates decision, im still getting paid so cant grumble

Not for me today. Its been snowing in the west of scotland for the last 5 hours. Main roads are gridlocked and the side roads are virtually cut off. Forecast is for -7 tonight. Time to look out the snow chains for the Tranny.

Status
Not open for further replies.