White wash / Skimming

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been to look at a job that's papered but I've been told that the ceiling has a lime / white wash on it. The paper on the ceiling has started to come away probably due to this. Once the paper is off and before I skim it what's it best to wash it off with before hand ?

If you use a primer like stabilex gyp-bond, plasterers grit the only guarantee you got is the plaster a stick to that.
Whether the primer sticks to the white wash is anyone's guess. The weight of that an the plaster could just pull off together once dry.
Big K has given the most fail proof option.
Think of the costs of trying a primer skimming it an then having to re board when it comes of to re boarding and skimming once.

Just board it like others have said ... not worth the hassle if the plaster does blow and the comebacks .

Jobs like that I price to overboard now ... if they want a cheaper solution then I say im not interested .... nothing worse than offering advice to a customer ... they take the cheap route then it pisses you off when your doing the job and struggling (should) something happen

if you don't want to overboard you can take paper off and with hand hot bucket of water and a big sponge wet and wipe or a weak solution of pva leave for 10 mins and scrape away.
I have done a fare few like that as customer wants the cheapest route as they all do ,
its all about price in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.