Which thickness spat ?

Members online

No members online now.

moy83

I used a lads 32" refina spat for flattening trowel and found it handy for a quick flatten and for cleaning the ceiling line as i was at it .
Are ye using the .4 or the .7 thick one ? There is so much choice and I dont know which one I used .
Any other advice before I get one is appreciated aswell i.e. the h handle or the roll grip . Thanks

Used once 32 inch spat with plastic/rubber blade. It can erase a lot of lines well.
Yeah its handy for a quick flatten to get rid of lines , I have a 1.2 m speed skim but dont use it alot but yer mans steel blade gave a nicer easier finish and it was tidier than my yoke for smaller bits and pieces

I used a lads 32" refina spat for flattening trowel and found it handy for a quick flatten and for cleaning the ceiling line as i was at it .
Are ye using the .4 or the .7 thick one ? There is so much choice and I dont know which one I used .
Any other advice before I get one is appreciated aswell i.e. the h handle or the roll grip . Thanks
I've got some of the Eze spats from P1SS with the standard thin blade and they will flatten it down lovely providing your timing is good. They can definitely take some of the effort out of the job.

I use refina 0.7 on external work not on skim but I have a hunch the one you used was the 0.4 as most brands are around that size on skim spats
Personally I like the nela handle on my 0.4 which have one of too if that helps

I've got some of the Eze spats from P1SS with the standard thin blade and they will flatten it down lovely providing your timing is good. They can definitely take some of the effort out of the job.
Sound man Andy , I like the look of the Eze spats too . Its all down to timing alright no matter what you're using

I use refina 0.7 on external work not on skim but I have a hunch the one you used was the 0.4 as most brands are around that size on skim spats
Personally I like the nela handle on my 0.4 which have one of too if that helps
Thanks Vincey are you using the the nela one that has a handle like the tapers use ?
When you say you are using the .7 on external is that for flattening base coat on EWI jobs

Thanks Vincey are you using the the nela one that has a handle like the tapers use ?
When you say you are using the .7 on external is that for flattening base coat on EWI jobs
Yes mate tbf sometimes I’d use the nela o.4 too and it’s ok external but the refina,nela,speedskim spats are all about 0.25,0.3,0.4 for the skim ones,
The handle on my nela is the brown cork type one , on my refina one it’s blue handle

Tbh I’m happy using speedskim on plaster it’s a personal thing imo could never get on with spats myself inside but know many that do or can, each to there own I say