Which render?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
use basecoat render and then top it off with a coloured thin coat acrylic/silicone finish, much better for the northern climate

is the parex monorex an acrylic/silicone finish?

let me no if you would like the parex reps number for your area ? where abouts on west coast are you

Argyll, i was speaking to a guy named grant today. Apparently is the only person you can get parex from in scotland?

Well parex is far cheaper than krend, parex 30kg bag covers 2sqm whereas krend 25kg is only just 1 sqm, and also krend are saying do a base coat or 2 passes.

Krend is about 7.50 a bag and parex 8.89.

I just want what is going to be right for the job, it is on west coast of scotland and the house is exposed to the elements etc, however at the sametime, i dont have lots of money for the render. Ideally i wanted something that i wont need to paint.

Parex should do 1.75m and you have to take 10% out for wastage so go with that leave yourself a bit short if you can, depending on the size of the job and order more
It depends on the substrate parex will still be 2 coats by hand over blockwork, it's a nice finish done right mate and you don't need to paint it

why dont you just have it smooth rendered and put an acrylic on top ,scratched renders arent the only coloured renders on the market

If you live in a severe weather area personally I wouldn't go for a mineral colour render as it will look s**t after a while, i'd go for tyrolean or roughcast these weather better. Or go for thin coat acrylic.

why don't you put a coat of monocouche on then siff the 2mm stone out of a few bags and put a thin coat over top then you could float it and sponge it like sand and cement render?it would be the same as mono but sponge finished and coloured plus it would be heaps easier to keep clean:)

no monorex is sand and cement with colour in it left scraped porous.

you want parmurex base tehn dpr fine top coat or krend uf base then krend silicone texture or similar

Hi guys, thanks for all your advice, sorry it took so long to get back. I ordered samples of both the parex product and the K-Rend.

I have decided to go with Krend HP12 base coat with Silicone FT top coat as i feel this best suits the blocks its going onto and the area im in.

I am not going to mesh the whole base coat just the stress points around windows/doors. I am wondering whether or not to purchase the "fiberglass alkali resistant mesh" or the "Metal alkali resistant mesh".

Do they both do the same jobs and just a case of, get whatever is cheapest? Also, where is the best place to purchase the plastic angle beading? My local builders merchant will only supply any beading in packs of 50.

Cheers,
Danny

My block density is 1850 - 2050 m2. Apparently krend said this needs to be between 1400-1800.

This correct info that they are giving me?

If they said it then fair enough but yours sounds like a standard 7.3n block which is common place

Yeah they are just a 7n dense block, but i checked with Jewsons and they said the concrete density was between 1850 and 2050.

Should i buy fibreglass mesh or metal mesh do you know?

Fibreglass, metals more for bridging cracks and giving a key fibreglass reinforces the render

Watch for the cheapo mesh made in China. Half the price of the German stuff but garbage.

Applications for cost cutting:

SBR render- always use.
Wash sand - for the scratch coat use fibre strands usually used with screed applications in with mix with SBR applicion. You can use K-rend overlaid to the scratch coat or traditional render coat using only washed sand no strands SBR and for prolonged non-decorative exterior use nano-tech self-cleaning paint. Although a little costly at first it will last for many many many years without decoration, thus being cheaper in the long run.

Any more queries please contact: jasper@tylermereplastering.com

Applications for cost cutting:

SBR render- always use.
Wash sand - for the scratch coat use fibre strands usually used with screed applications in with mix with SBR applicion. You can use K-rend overlaid to the scratch coat or traditional render coat using only washed sand no strands SBR and for prolonged non-decorative exterior use nano-tech self-cleaning paint. Although a little costly at first it will last for many many many years without decoration, thus being cheaper in the long run.

Any more queries please contact: jasper@tylermereplastering.com

Why don't you use the fibres in your top coat of S&C renders Jasper?

Status
Not open for further replies.