Where To Start? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmofie

Please forgive my ignorance if this has already been answered (I skimmed through the forum but with a 4wk old baby I'm short on time) but my partner who is 31 is looking to become a plasterer and would like some advice on where to start. Apprenticeships, courses, qualifications etc Essentially he'd like to know the best route to take.

We are Norwich based

Many thanks in advance.

In all honesty, tell him to go back to college and study IT or something along those lines, there is nothing out there at the min for a new starter

In all honesty, tell him to go back to college and study IT or something along those lines, there is nothing out there at the min for a new starter
Good advice, the building trade in general is saturated right now. To many trades not enough work

And when you do get work by the time you've paid for your van, insurance, diesel, put money away to save your tax it works out less than min wage :RpS_thumbsup: I'm a slave to my trowel

agree with all comments,definately go for a different career.to many pifalls in the building trade recession,lack of work ,etc etc.

Better off training to be electrician or plumber...to put in perspective I've got a plumber coming out tmw to remove a radiator and then put it back after plastering. Cost £80 will take him an hour in total. Labour only. Some lads are doing a whole days hard graft plastering for that at the moment.

I was speaking to a lad who lives near me who is on probation recently, apparently they are all being pushed into the plastering trade because its the cheapest to train them up on. Of course they get everything paid for.

Don't let this put you off if hes got a passion for the trade then go for it, but to see the money its a long road ahead if ever.

It will be down to 6-50p per hour with these T***s in. Do,nt bother even thinkin abou

:RpS_crying:
Don't let this put you off if hes got a passion for the trade then go for it, but to see the money its a long road ahead if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.