Whent to a job today

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooner59

Private Member
After we had worked until two o'clock on another job, got there and there were three TURKISH screeders , they had worked all day and laid about 25m2 , god knows how they would make that -pay !! and they had all top of the range new kit PUTMISTER two of these guys were watching the third guy lay :), and this was in glostershire !

After we had worked until two o'clock on another job, got there and there were three TURKISH screeders , they had worked all day and laid about 25m2 , god knows how they would make that -pay !! and they had all top of the range new kit PUTMISTER two of these guys were watching the third guy lay :), and this was in glostershire !
Did they fly over for the contract Gooner ?:RpS_lol:

we had similar story,
we were rendering on a large build near York, and they had some Ukraine screeders using a v2 like ours lord knows where they got the money to buy one, anyhow they laid about 30 oddmetres with there machine and we were using ours outside, they came over to ask how to use it. would have been funny if not so tragic.

don't know where they've nicked it from, if that was the case. theres less than a 100 in the uk.
all the gear and no idea has never been more apt.

From little experience i have of workers from old iron curtain countries generally they are, for want of a better phrase
"organised" by a manager who deals directly with any main contractor etc and then go and deal with workers if there are any problems. It is gererally the manager who supplies their equipment. and finds them a house and charges them rent etc etc etc.

thats the way it is nowadays chaps, it will get worse, i took over a job in Aberystwth, 4 polish men were doing half a flat a day 35m2, i put a level between the lining, out an inch FFs, i went it and did 2 flats a day 140m2's by 3.30, they couldnt believe it !

thats the way it is nowadays chaps, it will get worse, i took over a job in Aberystwth, 4 polish men were doing half a flat a day 35m2, i put a level between the lining, out an inch FFs, i went it and did 2 flats a day 140m2's by 3.30, they couldnt believe it !
All by yourself?

No you must have that wrong mate. We're told time and time again that we're all lazy bastids over here and that ALL the foreigners work hard as feck.

No you must have that wrong mate. We're told time and time again that we're all lazy bastids over here and that ALL the foreigners work hard as feck.
I have often had this conversation about hard working east Europeans and lazy Brits ,also expensive Brits and cheap east Europeans, none of it ever stood up to the test, you get what you pay for , people hiring non trades to do trades work , it won't matter where they were born, its the employers who want a slap.

The scaffold was been dropped at my job last week, some black lady walked by commenting, "hope their English " I said well, their not West I****n anyway, she said ," what's wrong with West I****n" I said nothing, I have plenty West I****n friends, she said" I do too" I said mine ,mind their own business.
odd if I was back fifty yrs ago and having this conversation , an Irish man and a West I****n descendant discussing foreigners in London. Why do we always have an enemy of the workforce real or imaginary.?

Status
Not open for further replies.