When to use speedskim

Members online

Jimbo95

never used a speedskim, when using speedskim on final coat I heard you use it twice. So do you wait for the plaster to firm up a bit like when troweling or just do it straight away? Please help thanks

never used a speedskim, when using speedskim on final coat I heard you use it twice. So do you wait for the plaster to firm up a bit like when troweling or just do it straight away? Please help thanks
Let it pull in abit before using it on final coat, but it still needs to be workable otherwise you can get it too late. It will be abit of trial and error to start with but you will know the timings once you done it a few times. If you use it straight away on second coat you run the risk of scraping the top coat off so let it pull in abit

Same , straight away when gears on then chill have a coffee and again, then a quick flick round with my nela carbon to finish it , good luck

Let it pull in abit before using it on final coat, but it still needs to be workable otherwise you can get it too late. It will be abit of trial and error to start with but you will know the timings once you done it a few times. If you use it straight away on second coat you run the risk of scraping the top coat off so let it pull in abit
Needs to be gone over straight away even before washing out,then wash out and give it another cross,if your taking too much off you have the angle all wrong

Another tip is to wear gloves if using the SS , it can cut into your palms if you don't have tight hold

Needs to be gone over straight away even before washing out,then wash out and give it another cross,if your taking too much off you have the angle all wrong
And they must be laying on with one of these!
potato slingshot GIF by Alex Anderson

I agree with you when it pulls in quicker in summer but in winter it hangs like hell so I like to leave it 5-10 mins, just my preference.

when using the speedskim one must dress appropiately ie,,,big oversized shiney shoes, half mast trousers held up by colourful braces,,a plastic flower that spray water on your chest,,bright orange wig with a hat made from balloons,,for added showman ship fix a bicycle horn to pole HONK HONK,,,go go go coco

It is a flattening wet gear laid on tool nothing else
bang on..i got the blue 900mm for flattening 1st coat,,meteal 900mm for flattening 2nd coat,,a revelation in that respect,,we used to flatten sirapite with a 4ft bit of skirting back in the day when you needed 3 coats to cover hessian scrim