What to do with belongings whilst plastering?

Members online

@algeeman Your right arm is probably like this guy from film “lady in the water”
7CC0488F-B917-4286-9C45-FF3E6A8AF2D2.jpeg

Mate when I went from site to domestic, I quickly realised I'm no longer a plasterer.
Who the f**k are these people, makes you into some kind of plastering social worker.
I used to think site agents and clerk of works were wankers.

sites gone backwards paul
I'm skimming plots with no roofs on lol
waters pissing through...

brothers on talylor whimpey sites
every site has windows fitted with no glass

I was told this morning
I've skimmed over 17000m on this site

not saved a penny :birra: :ROFLMAO: :cool:

sites gone backwards paul
I'm skimming plots with no roofs on lol
waters pissing through...

brothers on talylor whimpey sites
every site has windows fitted with no glass

I was told this morning
I've skimmed over 17000m on this site

not saved a penny :birra: :ROFLMAO: :cool:
I'd like you to work out how many square metreage you've skimmed in your career up to now?!

Hello

There is probably a really simple solution to this which you guys will know straight away - but me and my girlfriend are sat here scratching our heads, so thought I'd ask the experts!

We are having 3 bedrooms, and the hall, stairs, and landing, skimmed. I am going to strip the wallpaper over the next couple of weekends, ready for the plasterer to come and do the work - he said it will take about a week.

When he came to quote he said that the rooms need to be empty - and this is where we're a bit stuck. Where do we put everything? We have two king size beds, one in each of the large rooms - the box room has no bed in it though. We have wardrobes, chests of drawers, dressing table, bedside cabinets etc.

Obviously, if we were just having one room skimmed then we could put everything in another room - but all three need to be empty. Do you think he will be doing one room per day, and so we can move the furniture from one room to the other at the end of each day? Or will he be doing a bit of work in each room every day, in which case they all need to be empty for the whole week?

Also, my girlfriend is pregnant so I'd need the plasterer to help me move the furniture from room to room at the end of each day, if that is an option.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Marc
Why don't you ask the father of the of the girlfriend baby to help you?

I thought asking questions is what forums were for? I was sat on my sofa at 7pm and didn't want to bother the poor bloke who is probably just trying to chill out after a hard days work.

Thanks to the helpful responses. Sounds like getting one room done then move everything into there is the most likely scenario.

Cheers.
It’s a nice thought but forums are full of egotistical wannabes that pretend they know everything …….. ask the plasterer you melenial idiot how hard is that x

Fek me, I'm having to follow my own advice now - missus has a decorator in on monday to do the hall, stais and landing. I've got to box all my s**t and move it out and drag furniture out of way. Plus sand, stain & french polish the banister before he starts on Monday. Or she'll have it painted...

I do bigger jobs domestically than any little piss ant Taylor wimpey box room! There's domestic spreads then there's me! :coffe:

I thought asking questions is what forums were for? I was sat on my sofa at 7pm and didn't want to bother the poor bloke who is probably just trying to chill out after a hard days work.

Thanks to the helpful responses. Sounds like getting one room done then move everything into there is the most likely scenario.

Cheers.
NINTCHDBPICT000352163784-e1574248301582.jpg