What to do to get ready for the plasterer?

Members online

Mander

Plasterer is coming this weekend to fix up this wall. I want to do whatever prep I can, especially around the wonky door.

The wall is thicker next to the door than it is by the bath, and it is proud of the door frame by about 5mm on the left side of the door, but not above it. The right side is pretty much directly next to the brick wall. I don't know if I should be asking for the thick spot to be reduced (could be a hell of a lot of work) or to have the bit above the door built up to match and the whole thing tapered down to the left. And if that is the right way should I go ahead and stick some battens around the door frame?

Attachments

• IMG20230712202835~(1).jpg
    IMG20230712202835~(1).jpg
    844.8 KB · Views: 121
Plasterer is coming this weekend to fix up this wall. I want to do whatever prep I can, especially around the wonky door.

The wall is thicker next to the door than it is by the bath, and it is proud of the door frame by about 5mm on the left side of the door, but not above it. The right side is pretty much directly next to the brick wall. I don't know if I should be asking for the thick spot to be reduced (could be a hell of a lot of work) or to have the bit above the door built up to match and the whole thing tapered down to the left. And if that is the right way should I go ahead and stick some battens around the door frame?
Pack of smoked bacon and some crusty rolls, also make sure the kettle is still hot.

It isn't, yes.
Isn't it.

OP. The best way to prepare for the plasterer's visit is to go to the bank and draw out what he's quoted you plus £20. Remember, he's already told you what you owe him so you don't need to ask while rummaging around for it.

Then put kettle on.