What shall I do

the thought of a plasterer out earning the customer is hard for customers to swallow
That's wat it is..there tally up wat we've earned with hours we've done and there know how much themselves earn and there just cant stomach the thought..

Tell the c**t you only work til 2pm and that's a full day for you. I've not had the pleasure of one of these chancing b*****d clients yet but I look forward to them trying it on when I get one.

Next time don't mention how many days you think it will take just quote your price for the job and that's it.

The problem with these websites is that you're a commodity not a skilled knowledgeable tradesman with xx years of experience. Your reduced to being no more than a toaster sent back because the customer is either fickle stupid or both. That's how people feel about the internet it offers them a false sense of self due to them having the power to spout on a public forum. Which ends up with the situation the OP described. The good might outweigh the bad but the bad will increase as this becomes the norm for how people find trades.

basically I priced a job for a guy I said there's about 2 days work for me and lad plus material money which is gonna be x pounds he said fine crack on ,so I went today got it all bonded cleaned up and I was finished for bout 1.30 it went sweet , all ready to skim tomorrow, he has just rang me and said what time will you be done tomorrow so I can pay you I said about 2 same as today he said how much will I owe you then I said what we agreed x pounds but you finished early today he said and looks like you will tomorrow, so what i said if the job had run over time I wouldn't have charged you any more price is the price[/QUOTE
basically I priced a job for a guy I said there's about 2 days work for me and lad plus material money which is gonna be x pounds he said fine crack on ,so I went today got it all bonded cleaned up and I was finished for bout 1.30 it went sweet , all ready to skim tomorrow, he has just rang me and said what time will you be done tomorrow so I can pay you I said about 2 same as today he said how much will I owe you then I said what we agreed x pounds but you finished early today he said and looks like you will tomorrow, so what i said if the job had run over time I wouldn't have charged you any more price is the price
I had one today like that - got all lairy with me at pay time. I explained to him he is paying for my knowledge and expertise to get his walls perfect for painting - keep it calm, I like it that way until he started getting the quivering lip...had to ramp it up to "pay up you or I'll f####ing shake it out of you"...did the trick

the thought of a plasterer out earning the customer is hard for customers to swallow

f**k**g amen to that!! I had a guy trying to deduce what I was earning while out at dinner with my girlfriend and a few others!!

Had to stop him in his tracks with "sorry, this isn't appropriate dinner conversation for gentlemen" hahaha

Totally with flynnster and paulf. I came into plastering to be my own boss. Some chav leaving me a bad review because I didn't eat my lunch quick enough?.... No thanks, I know I give good service and have a loyal customer base to prove it. gofuckatrade.

Tell him to f**k right off...! End of..! The job from what you wrote was price-based. If it was a day rate agreement that would be a different matter.

He is taking the piss. So no way should you stand for that.

I think the op should think twice from now on before saying how much. Sch boy error mixing two ways of pricing and payments- day work and price work. Next time- it will cost you ££££. How long would it take? I will try to do it within two days. End of story. You are giving him price work, not days work.What can you do now? Tell him you had to wait for the bedding etc to set and be ready for skimming, which you could do at the property and wank in the corner .Time consuming and hard work, which unfortunately is not up to him to tell how and when to be done.

Don't get me wrong ill refer him to the complaints department (sharp left jab) before backing down just thought I'd get second opinions first
Don't back down !!! tell him if he doesn't pay you in full you will go round to his house and give his wife something shecan hang her towels on !!!

It's like eBay. People soon realise the odd bad one isn't bad, it's when there are no good ones you worry.
I'd be worried not having any bad ones tbh, nobody perfect and everyone can have a bad day at the office. Also impossible to please everyone, there's some difficult people out there, have to take the good with the bad

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm in agreement with you zolco on that. But the distinction is very clear between 'Price and Day rate'. It is not for the customer to dictate in anyway what a tradesman's hours are, I think that is be-littling and I would flip out. So so disrespectful. The customer is a cheeky c**t who needs a kick in the b*ll***s.

When I used to work with the old boys in the trade and learning, YOU always showed them respect, they were time served skilled tradesman, and wether you liked them or not made no difference, you showed them respect.

This customer is a c**t who needs a wrecking ball smashed through his house. I think it is bang out of order.

When I used to work with the old boys in the trade and learning, YOU always showed them respect, they were time served skilled tradesman, and wether you liked them or not made no difference, you showed them respect.

This customer is a c**t who needs a wrecking ball smashed through his house. I think it is bang out of order.
I like the cut of your jib sir (y)

Fuuck me when a garage quotes me on the shiit peice of a vehicle i drive.
I dont cry about it.
..its either a simple yes or no to fix it.
Not " how long have you spent on it ?
How long was your tea break ??
Was your over priced apprentice on it??"

I just pay the cuunt and promise him il scrap it again next year

Just keep a level head when speaking to him mate don't rise to an attitude keep calm be really polite it's only when you give him an option to argue back he will explode and disagreement begins, just explain it's a price not day rate there's not much more he can say to that.

Just keep a level head when speaking to him mate don't rise to an attitude keep calm be really polite it's only when you give him an option to argue back he will explode and disagreement begins, just explain it's a price not day rate there's not much more he can say to that.
You speak a lot of sense, I don't think really getting a wrecking ball and smashing his house up is going to happen.

Got to be professional, but one thing I have learned is people these days do a lot of googling and think they are experts.

Just got to stay cool about things.