What plaster - kill bill vol 2

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe

Hi guys

Bit of a weird question for you all but what is the style of plastering on the walls in Bill's house at the end of the movie called?

There's a reasonable view of it from about 3 mins into the following clip:

Malcom Mclaren - ABOUT HER (Kill Bill 2 final scene) - YouTube

It's pretty rough and ready - I imagine it would look good on, for example, a straw bale wall. I just find large areas of flat plaster can look very sterile - you guys probably won't agree :RpS_scared:

Thanks for reading

Sorry, messed up the link in the first post, hopefully this one worked

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a similar finish on a medieval style pub/restaurant in scotland. They owner told me they used one-coat

Thanks for the replies guys, I think you are right about it being Adobe, I mentioned it to my missus and she said "I've got that on my PC" - but surely it would block the vents?

Could the same effect be achieved with sand and cement or is one coat the only option?

Thanks for the replies guys, I think you are right about it being Adobe, I mentioned it to my missus and she said "I've got that on my PC" - but surely it would block the vents?

Could the same effect be achieved with sand and cement or is one coat the only option?

you could recreate the look with just about any plaster/render as long as you know exactly what your doing.

Never plastered in my life - would prefer not to have to learn how to either :RpS_confused: but sometimes we end up having to do stuff we didn't intend to do.

I like the idea of having some texture/ definition to my walls - we are gonna have mostly led lighting which is a very flat light - don't really want the living room looking like an operating theatre - the movie was on the box the other day and I thought 'actually that doesn't look too bad'

Believe me if I can avoid doing it myself I will - my arms still haven't recovered from doing the beam and block :( - trouble is most of you guys who post on here, and seem to know what you are talking about, don't live where I live :-(

Never plastered in my life - would prefer not to have to learn how to either :RpS_confused: but sometimes we end up having to do stuff we didn't intend to do.

I like the idea of having some texture/ definition to my walls - we are gonna have mostly led lighting which is a very flat light - don't really want the living room looking like an operating theatre - the movie was on the box the other day and I thought 'actually that doesn't look too bad'

Believe me if I can avoid doing it myself I will - my arms still haven't recovered from doing the beam and block :( - trouble is most of you guys who post on here, and seem to know what you are talking about, don't live where I live :-(

Where are you based ?

Bit of a commute for me :RpS_laugh: but you never know some one on here may be able to help. Have you considered modern renders for an internal finish? there are lots of colour and texture options available

I don't really want colour - white is fine with me - our house design is pretty open plan - there aren't many internal walls - I would like something other than metre after metre of dead flat wall - mind you if I end up plastering it it won't be flat anyway but it would be nice to have something that looked like it was intended to be that way other than just bodged - we've got render going on the outside as well so there's a fair amount of work for a spread - but you are right - a bit far for you (unless you could sell the idea of a camping holiday to the missus and I can chuck up a tent in the back??)

Status
Not open for further replies.