what machine

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currier, Stick with it if you have runs of work. You don't need to do loads of mts to make it work. If a machine is laying it on and mixing it for you there has to be a cost saving there. You just need to use your experiences and work out how to make the most of the machine. Putting double or more mts on will not be the answer because you will not control it later but there could be savings elsewhere that could go in your pocket.

Currier it's one ceiling again? And everyones standing around waiting to do something ....quit while you're ahead you're the fastest on the block arent you lol

[video=youtube_share;Or3W6muwjqQ]http://youtu.be/Or3W6muwjqQ[/video]

shows the size of things a bit better. As for meterage after only a week we are getting about 160m2 on a day. As ive said this is down to how quick the finish goes off. We cant physically trowel up as fast as it puts the board finish on and goes off. It does look slow on the vids but trust me it is not when your there.

The only bad thing i can think of so far to do with the method is spraying in the plug boxes. Im sure there is a easy answer though
spray round them not in them simple

Currier, Stick with it if you have runs of work. You don't need to do loads of mts to make it work. If a machine is laying it on and mixing it for you there has to be a cost saving there. You just need to use your experiences and work out how to make the most of the machine. Putting double or more mts on will not be the answer because you will not control it later but there could be savings elsewhere that could go in your pocket.
160m2 at 2.50m2 do the maths you sheepshagger

ut your probably gonna get more than 2.50m2 and two of you will earn better than 3 get your son spraying it and you bagging and getting on top of it a plasterer spraying is a waste of time then when he has more expierience he can jump back with you,your system will be better alot of misconception is the gear in the hopper is gonna run out to quickly so you need a man on it all the time it dont take a minute to put a bag in and on skimming even easier the ritmo aint that fast

yep very true. get 3 bags in the machine, the lab spraying, one of you flattening and one taping up or beading infront or something. then after 15 mins or so, fall back to the start and lay it down and follow the guy flattening. and then let the flattener fall back to the start to start wet troweling once all on. and teach the lab to clean out and trowel cupboards.

are you 2 coating the board finish? cross hatching when spraying??

the best way you can show the speed curry is video a little wall, say 3 boards, being sprayed and flattened. i no for a fact it takes about 1 min to spray and 1 min to flatten.

itd be a good one to try. a room sprayed and a room hand applied. dunno what would be quicker. spraying finish on your own isnt worth it in my opinion. u need 2-3 guys.

well if thats the case i would want at least 80 90 m2 a hit otherwise its not worth it

yep very true. get 3 bags in the machine, the lab spraying, one of you flattening and one taping up or beading infront or something. then after 15 mins or so, fall back to the start and lay it down and follow the guy flattening. and then let the flattener fall back to the start to start wet troweling once all on. and teach the lab to clean out and trowel cupboards.

are you 2 coating the board finish? cross hatching when spraying??

the best way you can show the speed curry is video a little wall, say 3 boards, being sprayed and flattened. i no for a fact it takes about 1 min to spray and 1 min to flatten.

yep cross hatching ( i think) but i wouldnt say this is true 2 coating is it?

what speed do you run at nick?

I can breath a sigh of relief then spunky.

Off to bed have 80m2 of CPI to spray for the first time tomorrow

we havent gone that fast yet!

Are you saying you spray and flatten then 15 mins later spray over it again?

i have only sprayed multi a few times. mpfinish more. i dont do much skimming now. i would spray a load on, flatten off till it starts to firm a little and then spray a 2nd coat yeah. much the same as hand applied. shouldnt go off so quick then and should trowel a bit nicer

Last edited:
It ain't worth it, I wish it was.

When things pick up like they will within construction it's possible you may find a niche market that needs skimming done in shifts 24/7 , until then put a B4.1,5 on and the machine works for you, not the other way around,sorry about my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.