What is this?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc2581

Can anyone tell me what type of plaster/bonding this is? A plasterer is doing my mates kitchen and where the walls were bare brick he has used a grey coloured plaster. In the 2nd picture there is a bit of normal bonding and the grey stuff next to it at the top right of the pic.

I'm a diy'er and was wondering what this stuff is and how the hell he has got it so flat and level to skim!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 447
Could be grey bonding I can't tell from the picture, depends on where you shop you can get either color of bonding

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The grey stuff seems to be a bit fluffier and lighter with the particles spread further apart if that makes sense! Seems different from thistle bonding. Any ideas on how he has got it so level and flat or is that just him being a good plasterer?!?!

The grey stuff seems to be a bit fluffier and lighter with the particles spread further apart if that makes sense! Seems different from thistle bonding. Any ideas on how he has got it so level and flat or is that just him being a good plasterer?!?!
Probably hardwall

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Could be dricoat. Expensive but could have had some left over in the van I guess. Could be bonding and cement

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

not very neat either , whatever is used :D
Beat this dabbing done by their so called plumber ffs ceilings boarded the wrong way on joists aswell [
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456303782.295949.jpg
ATTACH=full]10229[/ATTACH]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456303720.769859.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456303733.139308.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456303745.908142.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456303760.308579.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456303700.000822.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456303700.000822.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 332
Did a skim job for a plumber on his own house just like that, he screwed boards straight onto the laughing plaster, did he get a fix, did he f.ck, most of the boards was bouncing and not fixed and nearly all the screws were sticking out and gaps between the boards you could get a family of snakes with hard hats though. t**t

Laughing plaster? I don't know if that's intentional but I heard a young spark saying that to a customer on a job last year and he was deadly serious.

Did a skim job for a plumber on his own house just like that, he screwed boards straight onto the laughing plaster, did he get a fix, did he f.ck, most of the boards was bouncing and not fixed and nearly all the screws were sticking out and gaps between the boards you could get a family of snakes with hard hats though. t**t

Like most persimmon homes then !!

Status
Not open for further replies.