What is the best trowel? Marshalltown, Ragni...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
its like any other tool mate, its what you find is good for you, someone might say MT are best but , like me , you my prefer Tyzack. best thing you can do is try both and see which one feels better after a couple of weeks.

pound shop m8te get a box load keep them in the van then you got one for each day of the week.
If you dont have time too clean it then put it in the bin LOL or i like me you are really into plastering get a 14" MT trowel.
£40ish. Iv got 3 now one is my main trowel and the 2 are kept in the van breacking one in now as a spear when my trowel is dead :'( or speed it up if you know a renderer/floor screeder then let them have wear it in for ya

Marshalltown permashape. £40 ish from B&Q. Pre-worn, decent size, rubber handle and the best you can buy!! don't look any further. 8)

instead of givng you my opinion, im going to tell you to search through past topics as this has come up that many fuc.king times its ridiculous.

get a marshalltown mate, great for getting them bits off the floor at the end of the day and when ya start plastering get yourself a tyzack ;)

shaun2010 said:
Thanks to the people that answered the question...

Have got trowels already, just wanted others opinions of what they'd recommend.

Marshalltown through and through.

Cheers.
strange question if you knew the answer

All b*ll***s I'm affraid my freinds tyzack is far better well I think so marshalls are to rigid and clumsey tyzack all the way for me but I do remember my 1st ever trowel was a 5 pound job from build center and I loved that trowel but as said its what you are used to

ive gotta mt gold a tyzack and a ragni ..but get me best finish using the back of me shovel much quicker and saves on hop ups ,mix up in bath [make sure customers aint in it first] on to shovel throw onto ceiling back of the shovel to close it in wait then trowel it up ..try it youll never look back ,especially when the customers want a cheap job ,good way of giving them value for money ::)

The Apprentice said:
flat boy skim said:
dont whs own tyzak now ???

Spear & Jackson own Tyzack now and unless you can get hold of an old tyzack centenary then I'm afraid to say that MT are now better trowels.
are these ment to be good trowels then,the centenary one ???

flat boy skim said:
The Apprentice said:
flat boy skim said:

Spear & Jackson own Tyzack now and unless you can get hold of an old tyzack centenary then I'm afraid to say that MT are now better trowels.
are these ment to be good trowels then,the centenary one ???

I would say that they are the best that I have ever used, unfortunately they stopped making them a long time ago. Mind you I've got one oiled up sat in the garage that keeps tempting me to use it.

The Apprentice said:
flat boy skim said:

You are right tyzack belong to spear & jackson but they are not british made any more they are made in china same as mshall town american made the only trowel 100% british made is the trow-hawk made and manufactured here in the west midlands its a shame really if all our tools were produced at home this country would be a better place to be (we aint even got a good football team any more whats this country coming to )

jimfish said:
The Apprentice said:
flat boy skim said:

You are right tyzack belong to spear & jackson but they are not british made any more they are made in china same as mshall town american made the only trowel 100% british made is the trow-hawk made and manufactured here in the west midlands its a shame really if all our tools were produced at home this country would be a better place to be (we aint even got a good football team any more whats this country coming to )
Spear and Jackson might buy you out too with your tool and you will be quids in :D

Buy a descent trowel and look after it , hopefully it will stay in shape and wear in well , the rest is down to you . Personally i would buy more than one trowel and pick a few different size trowels and try to wear them all in over time , so you have more options down the line .

LMAO. Have been drinking mind....

tex it all said:
ive gotta mt gold a tyzack and a ragni ..but get me best finish using the back of me shovel much quicker and saves on hop ups ,mix up in bath [make sure customers aint in it first] on to shovel throw onto ceiling back of the shovel to close it in wait then trowel it up ..try it youll never look back ,especially when the customers want a cheap job ,good way of giving them value for money ::)

thats because they were good old sheffield steel now just crap chinese and the handles rubber crap wood all day long imo

Status
Not open for further replies.