What is the best trowel? Marshalltown, Ragni...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ox... they stock them at my merchants, to be fair they look ok, best on market ?/ personally dont think so, but each to their own, and they do look decent enough...

Are we on old thread revival again. And does ryan have a new alias and have p1ss started selling ox

Are we on old thread revival again. And does Dave have a new alias and have p1ss started selling oxo cubes

Another old thread. think Dave is on his holidays, I assume in Hemsby as its such a nice seaside resort. Not sure about oxo mate we will have to ask him :RpS_cool:

I've a mt 14 gold permashape and although I like the trowel in noticing it keeps taking the skin off the joint in my thumb so might try a new one myself........or maybe it's just bad skill?

Honestly,no idea lol maybe it's coincidence. Buy I think its rubbbing on the ridge that the handle joins to the trowel.

Are we on old thread revival again. And does ryan have a new alias and have p1ss started selling ox

We started selling Ox a while ago. Moving the range out of the shop though as we are not impressed... Their levels and small tools are great. Plastering Trowels... Not the best

Cheers, can u let me know by Monday? Not to worried bout the width just need the length to b right ;)
i need it for between a picture rail nd coving
Not thought of using a small spat to flatten between picture rail and cove?? I got a set of stainless ones very cheap on eBay. 4 for less than £30 delivered :RpS_thumbup:

Cheers, can u let me know by Monday? Not to worried bout the width just need the length to b right ;)
i need it for between a picture rail nd coving

your standard midget trowels are 8x3" mate perfect for your problem:RpS_thumbup:

@Plasterers1StopShop
Ryan, my s*p*r*lex is starting to delaminate at the toe end..
Nela said it wouldn't lol.
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1404740040.523668.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate, send me your address and we will collect it and replace it. NELA offer the warranty for this. It shouldn't happen so will call them now.

Also let me know size etc...

Sorry about that as well

@Plasterers1StopShop
Ryan, my s*p*r*lex is starting to delaminate at the toe end..
Nela said it wouldn't lol.
View attachment 3656

Rhys,

Just spoke to Frank at NELA, he believes this is a simple error which has been made during the assembly process. Basically the guy who put the trowel together didn't clean the trowel properly causing a weakness in the bond. Out of over 1000 s*p*r*lex Trowels sold we have only had this happen to 3. As we and NELA promise, this will be replaced if it does happen.

To avoid this in the future and also increase the quality of the trowel, NELA have just purchased a machine for this phase, this will remove the possibility of human error.

Status
Not open for further replies.