what Breaks do we all stop for or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooner59

Private Member
DO YOU TAKE a break for tea then dinner then tea? we are all different so what do we all do?

i have tea at 10 amfor about 1/2 hour then 1pm dinner about 1/2 hour then 3pm tea ten min's THEY RECON it's good for your productivity to have a break during the day !! :-D

I suppose it all depends on what your doing sometimes I just like to plow on get it done. Not much on tea when its hot just water does me.

i have breaks inbetween trowling up a set.Fag break normaly,then stick another set on.I dont normaly eat during the day as it slows me down.I can leave earlier on day rate this way,as long as ive made a good show for the builder as i always do.I have other things to do like run a small shoot,look after my 15 month old and cook dinner,more time well spent at home i think

I dont usually stop at all,unless im working with someone that has their breaks. Ill smoke whilst mixing, and drink a brew if its made, other than that im happy to just plod on.

I eat couple sandwiches and drink plenty of coffee whilst troweling up. If I'm lucky I might get a couple of 10 min breaks sat on my crates during but not often. I prefer to get done and get gone!

I stop for lunch for half hour or sometimes go to the caf but as far as breaks throughout the day go, sometimes none.. sometimes s**t loads, always have tea but sometimes it goes cold cos I aint had a chance to drink it, other times I do have time and I sit down for 10mins between trowel ups! all depends on what ya doing!

none at all, i start as early as i can, get what i need to get done then i'm off home no messing about.

If i,m spraying ,set up the machine have a coffee ,next one when i turn it off , normally about 12/1 ,then chill out in the afternoon with a bit of scratching ,the wall not my balls !

i try to stop at ten for 10 r 15 min if i can. and stop at 1 for 20 to 30 min. i have to eat when am at work cant work when am hungry.

i dont really have set breaks mush i got a mix on at half six on friday morn n had a sarny about 10ish had another set then went the pub for a beer every day is different really for me.my pal wouldnt even do two sets on a friday lol suppose its down to the individual!
then again if we are talking day rate then breaks are a must :)

I always aim for a 30 minute break at 10 o'clock and another at 1 o'clock. I work from 8 til 4 as a rule and find if I don't get regular breaks I tire and slowdown to much

Even a ten minute break refreshes ya, but as a rule I work to the wall not the clock :RpS_thumbup:

yeh had to let scaafolders in mush they needed a parking permit so were trying to get done before it got busy.makes sense really especially on a friday x

we start at 8 , i like to stop for one sandwich about 11 30 for ten mins. my son does not stop he washes down the woodwork etc. then we have our next hit finishing at 2 30 and thats our day

fairplay i thought most scaffolders were still dragging thier knuckles around and trying to remember how to spell thier name......and wheres thier coke gone at half 6 in the morn

I eat on the way to work, then i stop when I'm hungry or after some prep & a set, usually 11:30-12, then 10-30 mins break in the van, then work till 3-4pm
Each job is different & most days are different.
Some days I start early & some days I finish late.
And now & then I'll do 3 sets :RpS_biggrin:
On day rate for builders/plastering firms for me its always been tools down at 10am & 1pm.

I'm a lazy fecker just lately though & don't leave home till 8:30 :RpS_biggrin:
2 sets max lol :rolleyes)

But Fridays it's allways job & knock for me as It's poets day :RpS_thumbup:

As and when I can get breaks. Some days 10 mins all day and some days @10 @12 @ 3 about half hour each. Never really stop eating all day though.

I always have a good brekkie, something slow burn, like porridge.

Don't have breaks most of the time tbh, if it's a bigun I'll plow all the way through. There's nothing worse then having a break where you cool down and then it's a bstard to get going again. And your muscles hurt.

I keep meself hydrated well and make sure I eat well in the evening.

yeh depends on the walls dont it, but yeh i like a brew first thing then set to it, try n time it so i have my buttes. or my salad now as the misses say i getting fat!! at about 12, any later i dont like putting any more on. but suppose it depends how its going,,

Worked with a fella once that would bring a 4 pack of fosters to work and go all day on a liquid lunch.

actually I will.

Getting banned from driving, finding bottles of whisky in the van, him drinking white lightning in front of customers on domestics. And to top it all slipping and falling with a full tall bucket of skim on some stairs. New carpet, nice pictures and an antique dresser at the bottom. Oh my life

He wouldn't have been on my job for long then...........

Beleive it or not he was a good spread. I was workin on his jobs I'd never have him on mine. He was that pissed one day he couldn't be arsed takin his stilts off and crawled around the job on all fours! Crazy f**k!

I remember being on an insurance job & the Asian sparkys lab was a old white guy, & he bought 4 cans of skol to work everyday :RpS_laugh:
Anyway one day i saw him walking all over the settee's that had all the framed photos & cassette tapes(lol) on under the dustsheets :RpS_biggrin:
Anyway the Asian doctors house we where working in wasn't impressed when the sparkys dustsheets came up to see broken tapes & photo frames :RpS_laugh:

I think as a rule most plasterers like a good drink. The ones i know do anyway. I know one lad who physically cant show you an inch with his fingers first thing in the morning cus hes been that long without a drink hes shakin too much. Whenever hed finish early hed go to the pub. Get home just before his mrs and get a load of fags out the bin and put them in the ashtray to make it look like hes been home for ages.

Beleive it or not he was a good spread. I was workin on his jobs I'd never have him on mine. He was that pissed one day he couldn't be arsed takin his stilts off and crawled around the job on all fours! Crazy f**k!

well thats a new one on me,drunk hermit crab plasterer
if he liked a beer wonder how he coped having a slash on all 4"s with stilts on
would throw your wash buckets away if i was you chap :)
best thread ive read on here in a while this

Status
Not open for further replies.