What are you doing today?

Members online

IMG_5611.JPG
Working here this week coming
Will be a pleasure 2 -3 days getting a tan.

Nope!
You don't actually need a written contact. As long as everything is of a reasonable amount.
I'm only doing it just to be an arse.
But if you go to citizens advice or their website it's all laid out under cancelling building or decorating work.
We have rights as well.
The thing I've got is the woman booked everything by text.
It also states if their was a face to face site visit you lose the right to any cooling off period as you would get by just pricing over phone.

A mate of mine was in the same situation before he emigrated 12 months ago.
Which he did the same to be a c**t.
He even went small claims for the £25 it cost him to initiate it.
He actually won and the woman had to pay I think it was about £300 in the end all for a letter he sent asking for £50 cancellation fee.

I don't expect anything to come from it and if it hadn't left me in the lurch I wouldn't have even been pissed but it got my goat and though right I'm gonna be a c**t

That's worth knowing thanks. I've sent cancellation charges in the past just to vent spleen and worry them a bit, followed up with reminders, I'll give this a go for the next one.

That's worth knowing thanks. I've sent cancellation charges in the past just to vent spleen and worry them a bit, followed up with reminders, I'll give this a go for the next one.
It wasn't until my mate did it that I was fully aware of it.
I was like most just thinking we have no written contract or signed docs.
But if you read the citizens advice website in the correct section it lays it all out.
It's basically aimed for a customer cancelling the work and what us tradesmen can and can't do.

I'll post up the link
If it's not allowed @Danny please delete.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...-done/cancelling-building-or-decorating-work/

It wasn't until my mate did it that I was fully aware of it.
I was like most just thinking we have no written contract or signed docs.
But if you read the citizens advice website in the correct section it lays it all out.
It's basically aimed for a customer cancelling the work and what us tradesmen can and can't do.

I'll post up the link
If it's not allowed @Danny please delete.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...-done/cancelling-building-or-decorating-work/

Liked

was at goodwood this morning for a track day but it was damn cold so now home and going to have a play on the GGs :D for a couple of hours :D

Looks well. Much they shifting for?
That penthouse off plan 500k prob get 750k for now and bit more as he's had loads done bang olufsen in there wiring all sorts systems and elec shutters and blinds sauna roof top pool so prob wouldn't consider much less than million as area is becoming more desirable.